Saturday, August 05, 2006

Wow, so much has happened since somebody wrote. As Earl's Dad mentioned, Thursday night Earl & I as well as my parents headed off to St. Boniface. My fever was too high for comfort and so the doctor there told us to come in. When we were in Teulon I checked my temperature only to find that I didn't have a fever and I felt pretty good. However, we kept traveling and once in St. B. my fever resurfaced. I spent the night in emergency connected to IV antibiotics as well stuff to rehydrate me. Friday morning they released me with more antibiotics. My doctor is quite confident that with the antibiotics my fever should eventually go down.
I am also struggling quite intensely with heartburn. Seems that nothing is able to take away the pain and tightness I feel in my chest. Apparently this a side effect from chemo. Due to this intense pain, I am struggling to get anything into my system. I know that I am not drinking near enough, but the pain is so great it's hard. Earl has set his watch alarm to beep every 5 minutes so that I try to take a sip of something at regular intervals. Right now, the heartburn is pretty big on my list of prayer requests.
I guess it is obvious that we are not enroute to Mayo at this point. Due to my fever and overall feeling of discomfort we have decided to wait to leave until tomorrow morning. It is our hope and prayer and I will feel healthier by tomorrow morning. Please join us in prayer that God would give strength for the journey as it will be a lot more rushed than anticipated. Our appointment is now at 7 a.m. as oppossed to 8 a.m. as previously thought.
It has been so amazing to read this blog. The other night as we were enroute to the hospital, I mentioned to Earl that soon people would start praying for me, cause Earl's dad would put something on the blog. How encouraging to know that I've got so many prayer warriors.
This whole experience has instilled a real passion and desire in me that the people close to Earl & I , friends and family, who do not know Christ, would come to Him. That is my prayer and I invite all of you to join me in that.
The body of Christ is absolutely amazing
I love you guys
Ramona

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Earl and Ramona you are constantly in my prayers. Hope your trip goes well.

Anonymous said...

Hey Earl & Ramona
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I guess you know that by now. We are here at Conrad & Rhonda's. Rhonda and I were just reading what you wrote. Rhonda suggested you check with your doctor about using Zantac 75. It had really helped her.
We love you.
Em

Anonymous said...

Hi Earl and Ramona, I get in touch with your mom, Ramona, more than I do with you. When she shares about a specific need, I make a point to pray for you about that need.
Here's a little prayer for you.
"God, bless Earl and Ramona. Touch Ramona's sore throat and heart burn so she can eat and drink to build up the strength her body so badly needs.
Bless them on this trip and doctor's visit. Give the medical staff wisdom and insight into Ramona's health concerns. May they find ways to help Ramona fight and defeat this cancer.
God, You know us inside out. I praise You for the awesome works You are already doing.
Amen."
Love you guys,
Auntie Gloria.

Anonymous said...

Wilma says
God please touch Ramona and Earl ttoday with your comforting Hand of healing. Please let the heartburn and pain go away so Ramona cant drink and eat. Please let their trip to Mayo go well.We want Ramona back to good health so badly. You know that and we ask that you will bless her with your healing power. Thank you for all the people her life has touched in such a short while. Wow God you are awesome Hold Earl today as he waits on you.

Anonymous said...

In the arms of sweet deliverance
goona laay my heavy burden down....

Anonymous said...

Love you guys much. My prayers and thoughts are with you as you travel. It was great to hang out with you guys for a few hours yesterday. Keep pressing on. Ramona, thanks for the song in church this morning. Your voice is here even if you're not here in person.

joanna

Anonymous said...

Ramona,
Thank you for serving in the midst of your pain. Your song and message ministered to my heart. Thank you.

We are all praying about tomorrow's appointment!
Tara