Wednesday, August 16, 2006

They'll be plugging in the chemo any minute now...I was getting a little gittery so i came downstairs while Ramona's dressing is being done...Everything was so crazy last time...so many tests the first day...so many unknowns...and now Ramona is pretty much telling the nurses what to do...for myself i was so glad to spend the night at Al and Laura Friesens's again...it is incredibly refreshing and encouraging to chat with Al. Ramona is waiting to get the chemo done as fast as possible to get out and healthy for Ang's wedding. It feels kinda weird for me to be in St. B and not be frantic. Ramona is feeling much healthier right now than she did when she came in for chemo last time. Pray that it translates into a much better feeling chemo treatment as well. ...I can't remember if i wrote about it previously or not but i'm a little to lazy to look back...I have been thinking about the song 'Blessed be Your Name' by Matt Redman. I was driving home from somewhere and listening to and kinda pondering the song. The line 'my heart will chose to say' is very interesting for me. The song itself is an incredibly emotion filled song. It is a perfect Christian 'feel good' song for lack of better word. And I was thinking exactly about how that fits together, the idea of energetically living a life praising God but also simply choosing to praise God when everything sucks.....and then I got home and and it almost scared me...Ramona unwrapped a gift that I was supposed to bring home and it was the book 'Blessed be your Name' written by matt and beth redman......anyway keep praying hard and going nuts everyone...out of time on kiosk again...later...earl

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
It's been awhile since I've had contact with you so I just wanted to let you know again that Ernest and I are still praying for you constantly. I also wanted to let you know that the other night I had a dream that you were healed Ramona. The tumors shrunk and they did surgery and we were all at an event at church and you were well. I'm not sure if I am into prophetic dreams or not but it was encouraging for me nonetheless so I thought I would pass it on. We love you guys.
With hope,

Anonymous said...

Hey Earl,

Casting Crowns has a song about choosing to praise God in tough times called "Praise You in This Storm". I was listening to it the other day and thought of you and Ramona. I had never thought about it before now, we should be praising God in every circumstance because He is in control - but it's easier said than done, isn't it?
A lesson we all need to learn - thank you for sharing!

Love, Michele

Anonymous said...

Great to see you guys last night. It was wonderful to chat and just "be" with you guys again. Praise God for dear friends such as yourselves. Hey, you're on my heart a lot today what with chemo starting. I'm so proud of both of you. See you soon.

Crystelle

. said...

earl and ramona! wow, i'm so used to checking your blog like every few hours and now i hadn't gotten to since sunday nite. i'm in rocky mountian house, AB right now. had an adventure tubing down the river today! in the storm!!!

earl, i imagine that it is you reading this comment, can you do me a favor? ramona really wat me to enjoy this trip and wnated an update. please tell her that it's going GREAT! tell her i'm missing her, that i can't wait to get back, that i'm still working on my project for her- but that my trip is really going great...

i woke up last night in our camper trailer w/ such an urge to pray for ramona. i don't know what time it was, but i just snesed that i had to pray hard.... and i continue to pray. the many miles ahven't stopped the prayers... it's hard to eb away but i think maybe i ahve to trust god more now and pray more passionately

so very much love,
dayna

Anonymous said...

Hey Earl and Ramona,
By now I quess by now your on the road to recovering from another dose of chemo. I just thought of letting you know that I have been praying for you. There are even people on the other side of the world praying. Keep on praying, I'll talk to you again later, thanks for all the encouragement that both of you have been through this big trial. God is definately using you guys.
Serving the same God,
Scott

Anonymous said...

Hi, Earl & Ramona,

I would have liked to see more of you when I was out there, but we'll save that for next time. Glad I did get to see you though, and to meet you, Earl.

Hope you're doing well, Ramona, with this round of chemo. I was reading in Psalms, and you came to mind. I thought you might be able to relate/find comfort in the Psalms, particularly parts of Psalm 136, 138, 139, and 143.

Thanks so much for keeping us up to date on the blog, and for sharing of yourselves. You're an inspiration to so many.

Thoughts & prayers,
Jacob & Jealene

Anonymous said...

Hey Ramona,
I thought of you all day yesterday...it was like I just couldn't stop my mind, it just kept thinking about my wonderful friend. The shower went quite well and I was so blown away by the crowds of people that came out and their generousity. Thanks to you and Earl for the gift. I got quite emotional as I opened it and read the card...I know how much you wanted to be there but God chose otherwise for a reason we don't understand. Thanks for your encouragement as I enter marriage... your an amazing support even through your very difficult time, thanks for the marriage chat on Sunday. Anyway, I should run along... but Ramona & Earl you are in my thoughts and prayers...I know you've heard that a million times but really that is so the truth...Ramona, hope you're feeling ok, I just pray you won't have to go through as much as your last round of chemo....See you later!!!! your cuz, Ang

Bethany Pearce said...

I found (and still find) that song hard to sing. It was played at church the day before I left for my surgery and I cried through the whole thing. It was also played last sunday when I was a mess from the stress of wondering if my cancer had spread.

But the song is true. I shared at church once that I know now that PRAISE i something that we are asked to do. Sometimes it doesn't feel natural or easy - But maybe the lord commands it of us because he knows the good it will do to our spirits?

Still enjoying your blog. I'm taking some time to myself at the moment (herbal bath! note to self - DON'T DROP THE LAPTOP!) while my hubby and daughter and puppy are playing. It's nice back-ground music.

Thanks for writing. it's so encouraging to NOT FEEL ALONE. You're both so strong... and FAITHFUL.

b