Sunday, August 27, 2006

Well, lets deal with some facts first, before we get carried away with anything else. Friday morning, Ramona is a feeling sick, but I talked her into coming to Hodgson with me to pick up some antibiotics. On the way there she threw up. We had planned to eat breakfast together, but honestly I don't think she has kept any food down since then. Anyway, by Friday afternoon, since Ramona couldn't drink, we decided to head to the Arborg hospital to get an IV and hopefully find a cure for the heartburn that we causing her incredible pain and keeping her from eating and drinking. We stayed in Arborg from about 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Ramona got fluids, but even in the hospital kept throwing up. The heartburn medication doesn't seem to bring any relief. Anyway, a big thank you to the Arborg staff. You guys are amazing. Whatever the case, we went home and spent the night at home. Ramona's chest kept hurting more and she would randomly just throw up. All the medication felt useless and we were both emotionally shot. And ended up praying a few times within the night that God would wake up other people to pray. By about quarter to 6 this morning we called Dr. Wong and he encouraged us to come into emergency because of Ramona's pain and her temperature was 38.9 C. I had this funny feeling just to wait a bit to see if the fever would go down before we jumped up and headed to emerge....I don't know why but by 6:24 her fever was down to about 37.7...and Ramona's pain had gone away....and we wondered if God was pulling a little miracle here or what....unfortunately by about 8:30 the pain was back...by around 10:30 we really needed to see if this was really heartburn or what the pain was, so we sped off to St. Boniface. Ramona has now been in St. B emergency for 12 hours. They are treating this "heartburn" as an esophagus infection right now...she requires morphine to sleep. Please pray hard. Her parents are staying with her for the night. I am at Al and Laura's house again.
Here is the good news. By far the most exciting thing for us (especially Ramona) was that Ramona's uncle Henry came to visit. This is a giant answer to prayer. If you read our previous blogs we were really hoping certain people would come to Christ through this cancer. Uncle Henry is one of those people. He said he would come visit again. While you're praying for a miracle in Ramona's life, please pray for Henry as well.

As I'm holding my wife's head while she vomits and writhes in pain, I sometimes think about this loving God that we worship.........................................you know, I'm just going to leave that comment hanging...I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg in how God will use Ramona's cancer..............thankyou for those comments of God's power...we hope to share more stories of our own too....in closing a quote from I Thessalonians 5:17 (New Living Translation) "Keep on Praying."
Goodnight,
Earl

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Earl and Ramona,

My heart is just crying out to the Lord for you!

Jesus, carry Earl and Ramona right now, You are so much bigger than all this cancer. Only You can heal her of this pain, and we ask that You do so in Jesus' name. We praise you that Ramona's Uncle is drawing closer to You through this situation and we pray for his salvation as well as the salvation of many others who are watching Earl and Ramona go through this terrible time. May they see and understand that Your Will be done and that You are in control of all of this. Amen

I will praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
Lord, You hold in Your hands
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I lift my eyes up to the hills
Where does my help come from
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of heaven and earth
- Casting Crowns-

May the God who sees and knows all our heart cries be with you today and in the days to come. May He bring healing and restoration to you both.

Love, Michele (Jobina's sister)

. said...

oh earl and ramona... my heart breaks. i feel so helpless, yet i'm sensing that prayer has more power than we (espeically i) usually realize. so often i've thought of that as the 'left-over' thing after i can't think of anything physical or tangible i can do. shame on me! it's the first thing i should be thinking of...

that night, friday night- God didn't wake me up (as you mentioned), but rather he just kept me up... i cried and i prayed for what seemed like hours that evening/night. sometimes in my bed, sometimes face-down on my floor, crying out to our God...

i don't say this so you, and other readers of this blog will think i'm all amazing. no, not at all. i say it so we can look to God and see that He is amazing. i am nothing. even my intense love for you isn't truly from me, but rather from Him, reflecting off of me. I may not be able to take away your pain, but I know the one who can and I've been pouring my heart out to Him, espeically since friday night when i talked to both of you on the phone. reading this will only intesify that, my dear precious friends...

i love you. know that.
always,
dayna

oh, and michele, you mentioned that song earlier and now you shared the lyrics. thank-you. i too have thought of that song over and over and i have listened to it over and over. it seems the writer had all of us in mind. thank-you.

Anonymous said...

Ramona & Earl,
i've never met you guys (although my husband knows you from beaver creek, a few years ago) but i want to let you know that we are praying for you. we believe in a God who heals and we pray that He will give you both the strength you need to get through this. His plans for your life are good and He will give you a hope and a future. He has placed dreams in your heart and i pray that you will never loose sight of them. we will continue to pray for you guys and i know that many other people are fighting along side with you.

Anonymous said...

i wrote a comment on an earlier post that had lyrics for the song call on Jesus. I just want you to encourage you to keep calling on Him cause He will move mountians to rescue you.

Anonymous said...

As I read your blog today, tears of joy whelled up in my eyes in extreme excitement in hearing the news about Henry!! My arms flew up to Praise God and I thanked Him for His goodness and all those answered prayers!!! Praise God for the new life in Christ!!! Hallelujah!! The angels are rejoicing!!! I will pray for Henry and may God bless you and may He touch many more lives through you!! I also continue to pray for a miraculous healing for you!!
I met a woman at church today who is in stage 4 with terminal cancer. She has a tumor that is as big as being 6-7 months pregnant and that's what it looked like. She believes in miracles and said I should say hi to you!
May God be your strength and healer!
Blessings,
Aunt Jeannette

Anonymous said...

'When Im tired discouraged and lonely,
Jesus will always stand by '

Can you feel his everlasting arms around you.?

'My Jesus has broad shoulders
His back is stronger then mine '

I am not good at remembering the words of songs but these few pieces came to mind. Yes I am one of those who checks your blog site often. Ramona you must wonder why you have to suffer in order for so many lives to be touched. God is still on the throne and he will not forsake you nor Earl. To think He is there as your body hurts and is so uncomfortable. He will heal in His time. My heart hurts with you. Maay it just comfort you that so many are with you in prayer.....Wilma

Anonymous said...

We really missed you guys at the C&C retreat although whne I read this blog another pray was sent to God on your behalf. Keep the opptimisim. God is using the two of you even now. God loves you always.

Anonymous said...

hey guys...woulda been nice to visit you this wknd...definitely missed you at hecla...prolly be coming to the city once or twice or thrice times this week...so give me a text whenever...let me know where you're at or if i should stop in or if you wanna help me carry some boxes or shop for pencils or something...don't know what to say to make things better...God's obviously working but that doesn't make chemo fun...hey keep going nuts i guess...

Anonymous said...

I remember that hopeless feeling, praying and praying and wondering if it was making any difference. Walking by faith and not by sight is so hard. If only God would show us what he's trying to accomplish. I also remember being too exhausted to pray and depending on other people to do the praying. Now we're praying for you.

Anonymous said...

if crying could make the paingo away i'm sure the pain would be gone.Jesuslovesyou and in His Name i pray for you at very random times it was just the other night i couldnt sleep felt you needed my prayers and i prayed and i cried for you stay strong and in the will of God many blessings are coming your way and its great to see some of them already with your uncle

Anonymous said...

I just want to let you know that im praying for you, and that i felt called to pray for you both while i was at work today. i thank god for the courage you both have to face every moment and the strength he has giving you. remember that your not alone, and that god loves you more than you could ever fathom.
in his name
cad

Christine said...

I am sitting here and reading your entry and crying. My heart breaks for you and I pray for you every day. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. I pray every day that God will help you through this.

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful to hear that your Uncle Henry has made a decision for thr Lord. I also continue to pray for you as you go through all the side effects of chemo. May the Lord be glorified through all this. May the Lord continue to touch lives through this even though it does not make sense why it has to be you going through alll this pain for this. But the Lord has a purpose for allowing this and May His name be glorified.
Lorrie

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I find it hard to know what to write because there's no way I can understand what you guys are going through. I thought you should know though during the C&C retreat some of us were talking by the fire and we spent a good chunk of time praying for you. I'm reminded of the parable Jesus told about the woman seeking justice from an unjust judge (Luke 18). I especially like v. 6. I guess my thought is that we all need to continue being persistent and praying hard core for healing and God's will to be done. As this whole thing wears on it's easy for me to slack off praying and I want to commit myself to praying more and i also want to encourage everyone who reads this to keep on praying. God bless you guys. Curt

Anonymous said...

In regards to the blog I wrote earlier. I believe I was to optimistic when reading the blog,
and misinterpeted it to mean Henry had already made a decision. When what was meant was that he may be drawing nearer to God as God is speaking to him, so keep praying for him!
Aunt Jeannette

Anonymous said...

my heart breaks for you guys. but i'm here with you even here in Columbus. this quote from yesterday's sermon made me think of you guys: "there is a great deal of mystery in how the ragged edges of life relate to God, but those who have experienced God cannot stay away." (Rich Nathan)

no matter how hard it is to figure God out, he's still our hope and our strength. he's carrying you and you'll never fall out of his hands.

love you much and i'm praying for you.

joanna