Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Well, here goes. Thank you so much for praying. It seems kinda weird but I think I spend more time thanking people for praying than I spend praying myself. Life can only go on like that for so long. we feel like God is carrying us right now. Ramona's chemo started today. Physically I don't think she can tell much of a difference so far. She is tired and her back hurts a bit. But the full effect of what chemo does is not evident yet. I tugged on her hair, i guess that doesn't come out first day. The food: Mony is Mennonite to the core. It takes a little convincing to get her to let her hospital food go to waste and just eat some restaurant food. About the puss (sorry about my previous spelling error), it sounds like the dressings will need to be changed in the wound for the next month, but it is healing. Note to all computer geeks: we have no way to get internet access in Ramona's room and she is stuck on the fifth floor till we leave. Any legal yet crazy ideas accepted. The doctor said we would be here til Sunday-ISH, take note of the bold letters. We appreciate the encouragement from all you who came by. Becki and I have a little plan which needs some support so we can talk Ramona into it. We figure since she is losing her hair anyway, she should color it blue and make it all spiky or something......anyway...part of me realizes (as i sit here by myself with my head in my hands) that this is not something i can joke my way through. God is in the process of doing some serious internal rearrangement in myself and Mony. Keep seeking God. Mony's faith continues to be an amazing example to me.
Never give up on the Almighty,
Earl

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when Lorna was going through chemo and we both felt so helpless and we felt like we had to depend on other people to do the praying for us. Now, looking back, I think that's okay. I think that's what it means to bear one anothers' burdens. Let God carry you I'd say.

Anonymous said...

hey you guys! just letting you know that me and my whole family are praying for you. keep being strong! God is carryiing you both, and we can't thank him enough for that.

ashley

Anonymous said...

Earl and Ramona, Thank you for being so open not only with the details of what's happening to keep us all in the loop, but also with your feelings. We pray for not only the physical aspects of this, but the emotional as well. God IS carrying you! He hears the prayers of your heart, even if you're not conciously praying them. Ramona, I hope this chemo hits that cancer hard and just obliterates it!

Praying for you both!
Michele

Anonymous said...

This morning in my devotions I really felt God telling me once again that He is totally in control of this situation and WILL bring healing. I have been reading in Psalms, Mark, and Hebrews as part of my daily reading and today EVERY Passage seemed to speak about God being in control and having Faith for him to do big things. It was really quite amazing. God is a God of miracle's guys and I really believe he has one in store for you. I just wanted to share that with you.
By the way, Ramona, I was talking to Becki today and we came up with the idea that (if you'd be cool with this) we would try and find a bunch of people to cut off their hair/shave their heads and find other people to "sponsor" them and the money could go to get you a really awesome wig. What do you think?
Hope you're both doing well. With love and hope,
Riss

Anonymous said...

You guys are crazy and I love you for it. Crazy in the sense that you are going all out in faith and trusting God. Thanks for being inspirations to all of us. Jeremiah 17:14 says, "O LORD, you alone can heal me; you alone can save. My praises are for you alone." I was encouraged by this verse the other day. Praying for you guys.

Love Crystelle

Anonymous said...

Wilma writes.....
I wassitting in with Sheila in Selkirk today while she was experiencing her first surgery. Though she said the ivs hurt this was nothing compared to what Ramona was facing. Yes we are praying you will just feel God holding you two close to himNothing is too difficult for him. Hope you able to catch your rest tonight

Carlotti said...

A Blackberry will give you internet access in your room. My brother is in very similar circumstances to Ramona, and a friend lent him a Blackberry. It has been great for him to be able to email people when time and energy permit.

Bethany Pearce said...

I think I'm going to keep commenting as I read!

I tried to find a "creative yet legal" way to get internet in my room at the hospital = but without success!

I did however, use the nurses computers a lot! They just "turned a blind eye" because patients aren't supposed to be on them - hehe. I promised them I wouldn't drool in the key board.

I've worked at camp too. I worked at Camp Qwanoes for a few years. My favourite possition was "Staff Concierge". I would plan days off for staff, special events, help with travel plans, and do their shopping in town. I loved it!

enjoying your blog... reading it cronologicly...

b