Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Thoughts on a Tuesday Afternoon

It's tuck time at camp. Mony is doing tuck, which i'm excited about and Judy is actually here to help her out which Mony was also pumped about. Today is waiting and pondering day. This may be our last 'normal' day in a while. We have an appointment in Winnipeg tommorow morning where they give us the low down on what is actually happening in Mony's body and what we should do about it. That's a scary appointment if you ask me. We may or may not come back to camp. Also, we have faxed some information to the Mayo Clinic, and we are waiting for them. Although my world has been kinda surreal, like this is all some nightmare. God still has ways of encouraging us. I'm still blown away at how many people are praying for us. I find that I really need to know who God is. This God has my wife's life in His hands. These all make good cliches, but somehow it's a struggle to truly have peace about this.
As has been firmly pressed into my brain lately, Go nuts, our purpose in life is to glorify God,
Earl

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Earl,
Keep up the zeal. It's amazing how you can still inspire others in the midst of your own struggle. God is using you to do his thing. Keep resting in him. Love you lots. Praying like crazy.

Joanna

Anonymous said...

Earl,
My sister, Jobina sent me a prayer request for you and Ramona. Lethbridge AB, Carmen Ministries and Last Days Ministries (Keith Green) are praying for a miracle! We are also praying for God to be glorified through all of this. He has a plan, ours is not to question it. I can't imagine what you must be feeling, but know that we are praying for you and that there is a hedge of protection around you and Ramona. Keep up the faith! God is good, even in these uncertain times!

Anonymous said...

Ramona and Earl, You guys are great, you have both been an amazing encouragement to me and continue to be as I see your zeal for God and your faith in Him. I'm praying for you guys

Alicia

Anonymous said...

Hey Earl & Ramona,
Keep the faith! God will be glorified through this event even if we may not see exactly how at this time. We are praying for you!!

Pete & Connie

Anonymous said...

You guys amaze me! We are praying for you, for a miracle & that God will be glorified. Which I would say is already happening! Wishing you all the best!

Shari

Anonymous said...

I'm hanging out in Quebec and you guys are over there, but believe me, you are deeply in my heart these days. The prayers go up as often as the thoughts do and even in the surrealness of it all, I have a peace that comes from knowing our God is in control! I love you guys. Hang in there... Crystelle

Praise be to God who daily bears our burdens! Psalm 68