Saturday, July 29, 2006

A new day

Ramona is still stuck in that room so I am writing the blog, but don't worry soon you'll have words from her. In case anyone wonders if God is awesome, let me tell you a story. Last night at about 9:30 My father-in-law and myself went for a cruise to go pick up some supper and get my belongings from Al and Laura Friesen's house. And Al told me what had happened to him during the day. Someone had asked him how they could pray for him. His response was, pray for Ramona. She has cancer in her arm, lungs, hip and who knows where else. At this point in Al's story I looked at him kind of funny because I didn't think he knew about the cancer in Ramona's hip. And sure enough Al told me he had dreamed about the cancer in the hip. As could be expected, my eyes open a little wider when someone tells me about prophetic dreams. Anyway, I asked Al if he had dreamed about anything else and in his dreams he had conscience pangs about not anointing Ramona with oil when he had prayed over her. So I told him to come on down. And no, God didn't instantaneously heal Ramona yet (that we know of), but after Al anointed Ramona I pulled Al aside and we had our own little revival service right there in the lobby of the 5th floor and we prayed and Al anointed me with oil as well. A giant step toward peace for me. A few hours ago I was made aware of something else. Al felt compelled to look at our wedding invitation. And check it out for yourself (if you were invited, and sorry if you weren't invited). Here is a quote that God obviously knew the importance of. "Where there is great love there is always miracles" - Willa Cather. There you have it. I guess for me that means love Ramona and love God and then see what happens. If there is lip shaped bruises on her neck do her a favor and ask Ramona if the chemo did that to her. In the process of trusting God here is the list of things that need praying for:
1. God to be glorified through this (never ever forget that)
2. Ramona's miraculous healing
3. We are having a meeting with Dr. Wong Sunday morning at 9:30 discussing many different things about what steps to take next
4. We are Very seriously looking at going to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota very soon. A million things need to come into place before that happens.
Enjoy your day,
Earl

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!! He is working in ways we can not see.

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!! What an amazing experience for you and Ramona! We have been praying so hard the last 24 hours and will continue to do so. Keep your eyes on God, Earl and Ramona. He will never lead you in the wrong direction! He is there through the ups and downs of our lives, Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
The wierdest thing, yesterday while I was looking for Christian's stickers, I found your wedding invitation and noticed that quote and thought it was so amazing. I put your inv. back up on the fridge and told a few people about that too...was gonna put it on the blog... WOW. Praise God for all the things you wrote. Praying more intensely than ever.
Christy

Anonymous said...

What a blessed feeling to all of a sudden break out in song and dance of thanksgiving to GOD for every time you, Ramona and Earl and families, feel God's nearness!.... To all the bloggers:Thank you so much for praying for the miracle that Ramona needs, and please, just keep praying!.... Ramona, we love you! Auntie Esther & family.

Anonymous said...

I thank God so much that He has put these people around you to continually encourage you and to show you more of Him! I feel like I haven't stopped praying since yesterday's post...this one was like a little boost to keep praying, and I will! Thanks! I love hearing how you guys are such a team through this. Mark and I always had a motto through camp, "Team Westman!" We'd remind each other that we were a team whenever circumstances were so stressful that they threatened to pull us apart. Go Team Reimer! (Thank goodness we have a GREAT Coach!)

Anonymous said...

wow! God is amazing isn't He? Just keep on praying and praising God and remember the last chapter in psalms!
Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Wilma says.....
All I can say is WOW
We sure do serve a mighty God one who is so very keenly aware of our longings. How we so long that Ramona will heal. God hears our desperate cries. It will be amaing to see the outcome. May you just rest in his arms

Anonymous said...

Hey guys -
An amazing story of Gods presence. I pray that Gods presence and peace will continue to rest on you throughout this time.
I often sing the song "Jesus, be the center" as a prayer for both of you.

In my heart and prayers,
-Stan L

Anonymous said...

After hearing yesterday's blog from my mom this morning, our team stopped what we were doing and once again put you and this situation into God's hands. I am so thankful that He sees the big picture! Praise the LORD for revealing Himself to you in ways you never expect. Thanks for your strong faith and determination. You are both an inspiration to me.

With love, Crystelle

Anonymous said...

Just to add onto Christy's comment...where two or more agree, people! That's Al and Christy who were BOTH led to that quote on your wedding invitation - Wow!!! Isn't it amazing how God works? The great thing about this blog site is that people are going to read these things and know that our Lord is REAL! He really cares for His children and works miracles even today! May many be saved by watching your example of faith in an amazing God even in the worst of circumstances. You are both such an encouragement to me!

Anonymous said...

i've also been singing 'Jesus, Be the center" both as a prayer for you, and for me... and i pray it'll become the prayer of many as they see Him in you

Anonymous said...

Thank you Earl for keeping this blog site current. It helps me to pray in tune with others for you and Ramona. It is so amazing how God is keeping you and giving you words for the day. I am in agreement for total healing and that Ramona's testimony will help others to see how real God is and actively involved in the lives of his children.

Elaine Perepeluk