Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Purple Hair

Those of you who know me, know that I would never, ever dye my hair purple-it's just not me. Well sometimes you do things you'd never do if you weren't in the situation you're in! Sunday morning as I was fighting fevers in the hospital, I noticed a few hair on my pillow and immediately my hand went to my head and gently pulled and sure enough, my hair was starting to come out. Instantly I decided to shave it and made arrangements to have a clipper brought in the hospital. However, Earl's sister and Earl thought it would be good to have some fun before I went bald and so this was my look for a few hours!
Right now, I am sitting at home and blogging. Again I'm not technically out of the hosptial, but thanks to an amazing husband who fights for me and an awesome group of doctors, I was allowed to come home for the night. I need to be back by 8 in the morning. Today I am feeling superb. I feel better than I have since before chemo. This morning something was simply just different. My white blood count is coming up and I believe that's a huge reason. My platelets are still super low, even after a platelet transfusion. It's not too worrisome at this point, but I have to be careful. I don't have a clue when I can come home for 'good'. I have not had a fever at all today, so that is a first since Friday night. As much as things are going in the right direction, the right doctors have to all agree that is is safe for me to be home. Fevers and possible infections for someone in my situation, are a big deal to doctors.
Now for the really encouraging part of my day. A year ago when I was in the hospital, there was another girl going through chemo as well. We were often in the hospital at the same time and sometimes hung out together. However, I had not seen her since then and have only sort of kept in touch. Today her mom came to visit. It was such a wonderful surprise and so good to chat, connect and relate. What was so encouraging to me, was how this woman has changed completely. Previously, she was stressed and worried(no one can blame her)but today she was fighting for her daughter, praying and believing that her daughter would live. The spiritual change was so amazing and so touching to hear that her and her daughter pray for me all the time. Medically, her situation is similar to mine. We both need miracles. If you think of her, please pray for her.
I feel like there is a spiritual battle raging. Ever since I openly stated that I believed God would heal me, a doctor has treated me much more rudely. Pray that the Holy Spirit does what He does best.
And so, that's my update.
A special thanks to Melissa who sits with me while Earl's in class and studying, to all those who've filled our freezer with food and for every single prayer.
I can't wait to get into my own bed
Good night
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Jobina said...

I'm constantly amazed at the people that God is putting in your life to encourage you in your battle. Keep believing Ramona. Every night my daughter's little 3 year old voice prays, "Dear Jesus, please help the cancer to get out of Ramona's body. Amen." You are on my prayer list too, it says, Pray for healing for Ramona. And that's exactly what I'll keep praying for!

AJP said...

Hey Ramona,
Great to see you smiling- I miss you. I had a vivid dream about you last night and it made me want to see you - maybe I can come visit you soon! You were so much on my heart over the weekend and in my prayers and even though I wasn't sure what was all happening with you, by Monday I felt some kind of crises had passed and haven't felt the same urgency to pray. So, keep holding on to Jesus and the hope and strength that He is. You guys are in our prayers.
Love you,
Mandy

Brigitte said...

love your purple look ;-)) all my love & prayers brigitte

Anonymous said...

Hey Ramona!!
I've totally enjoyed the 'hospital stays' with you!! Here's hoping you'll be home to stay sooner rather than later, and that our next encounter really will be in 'my' hospital!!! (My dear child, could you please consider joining us in the real world????)
Love you Ramona!!
Melissa

. said...

i like the purple look! and the incredibly amazing outlook. as the spiritual battle continues, know that you're not alone, even when it feels like it, and even when others don't agree/understand/fight. not only do you ahve others fighting witg/for you, but you have God! His power is unending and He is so incredibly full of love!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you could have some fun!
Lots of prayers,
Tiphanie Wiebe

Anonymous said...

I will continue to pray for you, for a miracle and for the doctor who obviously does not believe in miracles.

Anonymous said...

Ramona,
I think about you and pray for your healing almost every hour of my waking day. I miss you and can't wait to have another good chat. So happy you're feeling stonger. Love you, Ang

Anonymous said...

You guys are never far from our thoughts and hearts. Jesus we keep asking you to miraculously work in Ramona's body...we know you are so much stronger than Satan and whatever he tries to bring against Ramona and EArl physically, emotionally and spiritually. We lift you up above all else. it's an honor to be part of the same family as Earl and Ramona who are such genuine followers of you.
Christy