Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Well... I just spent an absolutely enjoyable evening at home with my wife and some of our friends. If you're confused, that' s okay I'll keep writing. First of all, I was mentioning that Ramona had huge amounts of pain last night. It was something unbelieveable. I don't know if I've ever seen Ramona in so much pain for so long. I know Ramona really wanted to thank the nurses for the amazing job they did taking care of her in the 2+ hours of agony before they could give pain meds.
In the morning a CT was done. The CT results weren't exactly what we would have hoped for. It was confirmed that the pain Ramona was having is a result of internal, tumor bleeding in her chest. In addition to that. In the past 2.5 weeks one of the tumors has tripled in size, and the rest have grown significantly as well.
Doctor Wong was at the point of trying to talk us out of chemo. I asked him if there was any other form of treatment he wanted to try. There is nothing he wants to do. The chemo, he says, has a greater than 0% chance of working. Better than zero, is a good thing.
Anyway, since by that point it was realistically too late to start chemo for the day we went home. We'll be back at St. B. tomorrow morning (8 am.)to get another CT scan done and then start chemo after that.
We spent this evening singing and worshipping God in our house with some of our friends. What an absolutely awesome time. It was super encouraging for us.
I hope these details help you know how to pray.
Thanks,
Earl


Also, I don't know how to say this. But if you are a Christian reading this. Do not limit the healing power of God. Our faith is being tested and we are far from perfect, but I do not appreciate when Christians either subtly or directly plant ideas of doubt in our minds.
We have many praying/encouraging people around us, for which we are incredibly thankful.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe in miracles and will continue to pray.

Anonymous said...

We stand in agreement with you for a supernatural miracle...
Branton and Jennifer, TX.

Anonymous said...

By His stripes you are healed!

Anonymous said...

You don't now me, and I don't really know you (you were at Beaver Creek Bible Camp with my husband Warren) but I just want to let you know that we are praying for Ramona's healing!

Jobina said...

Thank you for updating so much, it really does help us to know what to pray. We are still praying for healing!

grahamandkristy said...

I am aware that you likely don't know me but I am praying for you guys today - That God would show his power through healing and that doubt of his abilities would not prevail.

. said...

standing in faith with you. believing in God's timing for His miracles!

Unknown said...

an old saying by unknow author: "difficulty is the very atmosphere of healing"
praying for your miracle...
Anne [Dayna's Mom]

Anonymous said...

We have been thinking about you a lot and praying for you. I don't know if you read Yahoo Canada news but this morning there was a very interesting news video entitled: Woman's Recovery Baffles all the Experts. The ABC news anchor who introduced the story talked about the power of prayer. I didn't know how to connect it to here but you can check it out on Yahoo Canada. Rhonda

SoulPastor said...

Praying for GOD's healing touch on your life and body Ramona!

and....praying for you to Earl!