Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Yes, so we received my CT results on Monday. Just as we expected, the news was dismal. In two months, the tumors have doubled in size and one is putting pressure on the blood vessels going to my heart. Yes, it's scary and overwhelming. However, I told Dr. Wong that Earl & I were believing for a miracle. That even though it doesn't make sense medically, I am going to survive. I said no to chemo for now, but am really battling if I made the right decision. Dr. Wong said that I need to make that decision now, because in a month or two it could be too late(meaning the chemo would make me too sick because my body would be too sick to handle it). I believe without a shadow of a doubt that God will heal me miraculously. However, I don't know when. I am so sick and tired of chemo. The thought of it is so overwhelming that I begin to cry. The worst part by far, is being 'locked' into a small space for a week. The surroundings are so discouraging and depressive. I can't battle chemo, it's simply too much for me. BUT, I know God would somehow help me get through it. So here is where all of you readers come in. I need you, every one of you that believes in the power of prayer & or fasting, to please pray for Earl & I. I'm asking as many people as possible, this Friday, to pray specifically for direction as to whether or not I should have chemo. (Medically speaking, chemo will only prolong my life, not cure the cancer.) If God speaks to any of you, please email us at earlramona@gmail.com. I want to go confidently in a direction and believe that God will show us which way to go.
Thanks so much for your prayers. I know hundreds of prayers are and have been prayed for me and I am so grateful. May I become a woman of God, that is one day used to impact the world and give God incredible glory. Know that every prayer is valuable and may God bless you.
Ramona

16 comments:

Brigitte said...

I'll pray for you blessing Brigitte

Mark said...

Wow, that's a huge decision to make, we will pray about that (and everything else).

Anonymous said...

praying

Anonymous said...

Hey Ramona, I was going to ask you about this yesterday, and didn't have a good opportunity...All evening I thought of calling, but wasn't sure how busy you were with your company! Ramona...I WILL PRAY, especially tomorrow. And I want to be so there for you, wherever, whatever that may be.
LOVE you!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Dearest Ramona,

Thank you for finding the strength to update your blog. I know it must have been a hard decision to make. I'm not very good with words, but I hope that you'll find the answer you're looking for. I know that chemo is not easy, especially when you've been through so much. I think the worst part of chemo is that even with all that hard work, there is no certainty. But it's worth it if it means having another chance at beating this. I hope you'll remain to stay strong, believe in your will to survive, and faithful in your spirituality. Don't give up. I will pray very hard for a miracle to appear.

Love,
Kitty

Anonymous said...

Ramona,
I will pray..God hears the prayers of His people..
love you
Gloria.

Anonymous said...

i'll be praying too.
karlene

Anonymous said...

we're praying for you.
Evan & Renita

Anonymous said...

Praying for you daily!God bless you decision on this!

Sophie said...

I will pray... And hope
Sophie

AJP said...

Praying for you - I read an awesome passage in the Bible the other day that reminded me that our God is so much bigger than the enemies that we can see. 2 Kings 6:8-23 - check it out and be encouraged. Praying that God will open your eyes to see Him more clearly and also to know the way to take.
Love you,
Mandy

A Journey with Cancer said...

HI Ramona and Earl,
Thank you for sharing so deeply from your heart. You can count on our prayers.....and we believe in miracles....!!!!! Debbie

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you and will especially be praying tomorrow again.
We love you,
Auntie Emily for the 5 of us

Anonymous said...

I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.” - Isaiah 46:4

Praying for you and your family.

~ Laura Plett

Anonymous said...

Earl and Ramona,

I'm so sorry to hear your news. My prayer for you both is that God will calm all the worry and voices in your head so that you can hear Him clearly as He tells you which path to travel. The verse that comes to mind for me right now is, "Be still, and know that I am God". May God quiet your world and speak clearly to you both...

Love to you...

Michele (Jobina's sister)

Anonymous said...

Ramona,
You are already a woman of God, who is already impacting the world (look at this blog!) in a mighty way with her God-given strength and faith, and who is thereby already giving God incredible glory. I pray that you may continue to do so every step of the way you are walking, and that the peace of God, which transcends all our understanding, will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus, no matter which direction you take.
Love,
Ilse