Friday, October 03, 2008

Home

Yesterday the doctors all finally agreed that I could come home. So around 3:30 Earl & I came home and crashed and slept for a few hours!! I had felt so good in the hospital and was so thrilled to be home, but last night I again developed a fever. It wasn't really high but enough to realize that something was going on. We went to bed-the night was filled with shivering and sweating but not too bad. I felt a bit better today and have not checked my temperature in hours. If the fever continues-I have to go back to the hospital. I'm really hoping and praying that doesn't happen.
Tonight Earl & I went to a fundraiser for a friend who is also fighting cancer. My heart is heavy tonight as I was faced with the realities of her situation. It is only more of an incentive to keep praying, praying, praying. It was also a lot of fun hanging out with our friend, Earl who was also at the same event. Another highlight was hanging out with my chemo nurse and meeting her family.
So tonight I go to bed, praying that I can enjoy this weekend and not land up in the hospital and praying for a miracle for my dear friend.
Ramona

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're at home now! Bless you this week! Still prayin...

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you're home, Ramona! I have added your friend to my prayer list. Thanks for the update!

Michele (Jobina's sister)

Anonymous said...

Ramona and Earl,

Ever since you first shared your diagnosis with us at camp , Tom and I have prayed fervently for you both. I follow your blog faithfully.We so admire your great faith and abiding love for each other.God bless you as you continue your fight. We continue on our knees for you!

Tom and Becky Gerbrandt