Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's a good thing that we felt peace before the chemo started. The chemo started yesterday at about 4 p.m. and....is just super tough. There is no proper way to describe it. On the first evening when we came to the hospital Ramona was feeling horrible to begin with, but, the struggle within her was absolutely huge. "I can't do it" she kept saying........and that makes sense to me....To knowingly put yourself into a prison cell and inject poison into you that makes you throw up, shuts your digestive system down, makes your hair fall out, etc...etc..., I don't know how else to explain it, but in my mind it's the closest picture I have to the Garden of Gethsemane. The unselfishness is amazing.... We know it is going to take something supernatural to get through this.

Ramona has really been struggling with anxiety too. She wanted me to post this, to have as many people praying about this as possible. Ramona has had small doses of drugs to calm the anxiety. Anxiety is physical and spiritual, and we know prayer works for both those realms.

Last night Ramona was getting a fever too. We're not sure at all what is going on. At first, the doctors suggested it might be tumors breaking down. Then as her temperature rose to 39 degrees they assumed it must be some type of infection. During the night they pumped her full of antibiotics. This morning her temperature is down atleast, but she was feeling pretty uncomfortable, and hadn't slept much during the night so she wasn't feeling too good when I left the hospital an hour ago. She was going down for an X-ray when I left and they're doing blood cultures and urine analysis to try and figure out what is going on. When I talked to her on the phone now, she was about to enter a morphine induced rest, which is a really good thing.

Hey Mark and Raelynn, thanks for the supper. We appreciate people rallying around us and encouraging us and brightening up those st. b walls.

Thank you Jesus that when you died on the cross you paid for sins and sickness.

-Earl

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

praying for you today!!!

Anonymous said...

we serve an allmighty god thats why we believe in healing. i am praying for you today...

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, still praying. And will definitely pray specifically about Ramona's anxiety. More power to you BOTH.

Anonymous said...

praying for you... remembering always that His arms ARE big enough to wrap around you both today!! There is nothing more comforting than His protection and love. Please tell Ramona that she is amazing! tara

Karla said...

Peace be with you - at all times, with every breath, thought, and question. Peace be with you as you walk through darkness. Peace be with you - as God is with you - always present and always faithful.

Brigitte said...

Ramona was my first thought when I woke up this morning, and I prayed for her, love Brigitte

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray for God's grace, power, and peace to be upon you both.
Anna Friesen

Anonymous said...

"Because Ramona loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue her; I will protect her, for she acknowledges my name." Psalm 91:14

"....The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:14-16

"I WILL restore you to health, and heal your wounds, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 30:17

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5,6

Brigitte said...

hors sujet ;-) Ramona I would like that you will be the first one to know ;-) I've sent a mail to Dixie tonight to tell her that if she is ok I'll adopt a brother to lilou ;-) I'm'looking forward to having her ok, but I am very happy to tell you (and you are the first to know) that I've decided that lilou will have a little brother all my love brigitte

Anonymous said...

God is with you, more then you can imagine. I don't know you two, but I have heard of you both.

Each time I pray for you Ramona or think of you, I feel God's presence.
Today I was reading Bible verses (to find one for you) and I could literally feel his hand on my bible against my hand.

It was then that I knew, I had to write you a comment.

God is so proud of you, and He loves you. He knows what he is doing, so continue to trust in Him. If we knew what is suppose to happen in life, well I am sure none of us would do half the things God wants us to do.

I have no answers for you, I just know that God is here for you. He is using you, and you just need to keep your faith strong like you have been doing.

Anonymous said...

Dear Earl and Ramona...

I can't begin to explain the emotions that filled me as I read your post. Anxiety is something I understand and I can only imagine the level of anxiety you're under.

Even though we've never met, I've followed your blog from the beginning. I love the way you both seek God in everything you do and how you trust Him to do the amazing in your lives.

Know that I am on my knees praying for healing for you, Ramona. The issues you face are huge and I'm sure can feel insurmountable but God is so much bigger than all of this. Miracles still happen, everyday. You have both been witnesses to this as you've stated in previous blogs. I have no doubt that if it's God's will to do so, a miracle will also happen for you. I stand with you, believing that God will heal Ramona, praying that it will be sooner rather than later.

Bless you both, you are marvelous!

Michele (Jobina's sister)

Anonymous said...

Ramona,
It was good to chat with you this afternoon. Continue to rest in God's strength and peace. You encourage me so many times. I will continue to pray for you-especially for those anxious times and for your healing. I love you, girl! Ang

Anonymous said...

Hey Ramona and Earl,

I have been keeping up with your blog and praying for you. I have been struggling with more nausea than usual in this pregnancy and these times of nausea have become an opportunity for me to pray for you. I know what I face is so small compared to what you are going through and my moments of discomfort so minimal compared to yours - I have come to embrace these opportunities to gain persepctive on life as I pray for you. I have been awake this night again praying and crying for you. I am now a month away from my due date. My last labor was one of my hardest and as I was facing it I remember thinking "I can't do this" It was hard even though I knew the rewards would be well worth it. My heart just broke for you as I thought of how it must feel for you. Knowing what you are getting into often just makes things worse rather than easier. I wish I had words to help. As I was praying for you this night/early morning. I prayed that you would see Jesus and gaze on His face as He holds you. I have been encouraged lately through the book "Can You Hear Me - tuning in to the God who speaks" by Brad Jersak. I would like to encourage you with some of the thoughts that have come out of that book. Ask Jesus to show you where He is in the room you are right now. He has promised to never leave us or forsake us. We know He is there. As he reveals to you where He is lift up your hand and ask Him to help you climb on His lap. Just be held by Him and gaze on his face. See his tears as He wipes away your own. See his deep love for you. Just gaze on Him and worship Him.
"Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace." This was my prayer for you last night at I lifted you into Jesus' arms. I will keep praying for you. -Myrna

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you always Ramona.

AJP said...

I was reading Ethan his Bible story last night and it was about Jesus talking to the wind and waves and telling them to "Be still". I could see Ethan's eyes get wide as he listened to that -and I was reminded again of the awesome power of God as well as I thought about it. Nothing is too difficult for Him. Keep believing - keep praying - keep trusting Him. He is there with you and He is in perfect control.
Love you so much and praying,
Mandy