Thursday, September 25, 2008

So, how to sum up the last week?? I sit here not having a clue what to write, so much has happened, so much intensity...
The last everyone heard medically was that Dr. Wong came into my room trying to tell me the seriousness of a possible infection. Due to this potential infection, I have been on superbug antibiotics. These antibiotics can not be taken in pill form. Therefore, they did not let me out of the hospital on Monday, neither did they let me get out on Tuesday. Now Home Care is set up and a nurse comes to our house twice a day to administer my antibiotics. I was able to go home for a few passes on Monday and Tuesday and both nights were spent at home, that was awesome, even if we had to be back at the hospital early morning.
I'm sure a bunch of you are confused about this infection, so am I. Earlier in the week I had a fever which resulted in the blood cultures showing an infection. However, the 2nd cultures taken a few days later have not shown any infection. Apparently it can take a long time for these cultures to grow, so we wait and take precautions.
I feel like I'm super slowly starting to recuperate. The couch and I are great friends. :) My pain is for the most part under control.
Thank you so much for your prayers, comments and emails. We have been surrounded by support and I thank you. It blows my mind how many people around the world are praying-thank you. And as I genuinely thank you for you prayers, I long for more as I know that it's only through Jesus that I am healed. This weekend has potential for my white blood count to drop resulting in a hospital stay. Pray that the fever stays away.
Ramona

5 comments:

LaViss said...

Glad to hear you are at home! We'll pray hard that you can stay home all weekend too!

Brigitte said...

nice to read you Ramona ;-) you are allwas my first thought in the morning (with lilou) when I wake up all my love Brigitte

Anonymous said...

Ramona,

I'm so glad to hear that you finally got to return home. I do hope that it's a false alarm for the infection and that the antibotics are just precautionary. It's better to have it to be safe.

I'm thinking of you, always. And I'll keep having good thoughts of you and your family.

- Kitty

Anonymous said...

God lead me to pray Ps 91 over you last week, esp vs 5: "You will not fear the terror of the night..." I hope and pray your nights are covered in His peace. I'm praying for you both.

AJP said...

Love you guys...praying for you
Mandy