Sunday, September 16, 2007

Earl & I participated in the Terry Fox Run today. I was asked to say something and so shared my story and shared with everyone why this event means so much to me. It was really neat to have this opportunity but also kind of terrifying!
It was a super gorgeous day and so Earl pushed me on the wheelchair while he rollerbladed. We had some family and friends also participate so they took turns pushing me.




This picture is taken moments before we go bald. (Due to my experience a year ago, I expected my hair to start to fall out today. This morning it wasn't really, but by the afternoon I was starting to lose it. It was so much easier to have my hair shaved seeing that it was starting to come out. I'm so grateful for that perfect timing!




There were 7 of us that shaved our heads to bring in more money. Four young girls also had their ponytails cut off. What a neat event with the community chearing you on. My brother Randy also decided to get his head shaved.






And this is us after.


I really enjoyed the event today. I felt such community support by hundreds that I don't even know. Arborg has an amazing reputation with bringing in lots of money. Today I know that over $10,000 was donated!!Wow.

Because Terry Fox and I both fought/are fighting sarcoma I know that I want to a part of this event as many years as possible.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cool guys. Ramona, I'm so proud of you for doing that even on your worst weekend. Many blessings and prayers. Keep fighting.

Joanna

Brigitte said...

you are so beautifull Ramona, with/without hair, I'm amazed by your energy all my love brigitte

. said...

Wow! Ramona, you amaze me... and so does God... His timing with your hair was perfect... just as He is perfect...
Loving you from Deutschland,
Dayna

Unknown said...

Your faith and God's grace in you continues to amaze and encourage me, both of you. My prayers continue to go out for you. Praise God for His timing and for the chance to share your journey with hundreds. Many blessings for the upcoming week!

Erin

Anonymous said...

Ramona... You are So beautiful! Words can't even describe it!

Anonymous said...

Earl and Ramona~
I don't know where you guys are at emotionally right now so maybe what I have to share won't apply at the moment. On Sunday I happened to open my Bible to Lamentations and I was curious to see how the verse about God's faithfulness would read in The Message. I ended up reading most of the 3rd chapter and thought that probably you would be able to identify with some of the descriptions of pain in that chapter. So, I just wanted to encourage you to read that passage in The Message. Even in the midst of great pain, somehow there are little glimmers of God's hope. Love you both!

Anonymous said...

Ramona
I was at the Terry Fox run and you looked so beautiful before and after the head shaving. Your words were straight from your heart and I was so moved by them. I did not realize that you are fighting the same cancer as Terry Fox. Terry Fox was an inspiration to so many people.....just like you are. Keep the faith and hold strong to your beliefs

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you Ramona, you really can pull off being bald and beautiful!...you look great!