Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Surgery Date Changed

Here's a little update...
This week I got a phone call from Dr. Wadell's (lung surgeon)secretary telling me that the date for my lung surgery had changed. For some reason Dr. Wadell would not be able to do my surgery on the 21st so instead of postponing it, they pushed the date forward 2 days. As of now, my surgery is scheduled for the 19th of June at 10:00 in the morning. As much as this is exciting-every day sooner towards getting me healthy-it's also a little frustrating as we had just barely booked all our flights. We still are working on getting all the flights changed.
I'm trying to remember when the last time is that I used my crutches. I believe it was on Saturday. Out of curiousity I tried to do stairs on my own with Earl right by my side and sure enough I was able to do it. Since then my crutches haven't been used. My walking still is quite unique. I have quite a severe limp and so my right hip ends up aching due to all the compensating. However, it's definitely improving. Earl & I played catch on Sunday trying to get my left arm to 'work properly'. Even though my arm is still far from where I wish it was, I was able to catch almost everything. (Yes they were slow throws).
I'm still using narcotic pain medication around the clock. However, I've been feeling that I need to slowly start getting off of it. That's been pretty tough. It's been hard to know if my body still needs the drugs or not. I find I'm way more tired and groggy when the effects of the pain meds have worn off. I guess we'll slowly keep expermenting.
Well that's what is going on these days. I'm hoping to go to the greenhouse with my mom today and buy some flowers.
For now
Ramona

8 comments:

Jobina said...

Hey Earl and Ramona, your progress sounds so good! Keep taking it a day at a time and finding encouragement in the little things.
I have bushes in our front yard that I thought were not going to make it. This spring little green buds of leaves started to appear from among the brown, and while I was watering them the other day this song kept running through my head. Maybe it will speak to you too..."He brings beauty from ashes, strength from fear, gladness from mourning, peace from despair..." May God bring all that to you, beauty, strength, gladness and peace, and so much more!

. said...

thanks for updating ramona! i've been thinking about you and wondering how your doing and missing you lately, especially since being in morweena last night for the atom's soccer game! so close, yet not close enough... :)

i'm so excited to hear how much your walking has improved. i was so shocked last time i was over at your huge improvement and it sounds like you've progressed a lot since then! way to go!

still praying for you,
dayna

Anonymous said...

Hey guys...thanx for the update! I have been praying for you and thinking about you....i hope to get out there before you leave again...lots of love! ~Lish

mark and raelynn said...

Ramona,
Im so glad to hear that you're getting better day by day! You're in my thoughts and prayers despite my lack of commenting :)
I'll be praying extra hard as you head into your lung surgery that God may lay his hands on your body and guide the hands of those helping you.
Much Love,
Raelynn

Anonymous said...

hey Ramona,
im sorry i haven't been a very faithful commenter, but I still think of you alot. Its great to hear that you are getting abit better, I hope that things continue to improve, and that sometime in the near future you will be able to function just as good if not better then you did before all of this started. I'll be praying that your lung surgery goes good, and that there wont be too much pain as you recover from it. Take care Ramona and Earl.
Love Sheila

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
I'm so glad Ramona, that you're able to soak up the summer air and have fun outside. I'm happy that it is finally here - what comes is everything so beautiful.
Well ... keep pressing on you guys, your faith in Christ is so so evident and is our TOTAL strength. I thank God for working in both of you in all of this. Love you.
Viola

Pamela said...

Ramona, you are doing it!! I remember very well the day I got off my crutches...I cried with joy and relif! It's very awesome to hear that you are improving a lot. I'm glad that Earl is encouraging you a lot with walking every evening. Keep it up my friend. Earl, way to go! You are awesome

ps...sounds like you are going to be passing me on the road soon!! I can only walk 1/4 mile before I need to take a break!! :D Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you as the surgery date gets closer. Praying God will give you strength emotionally and physically as you journey through cancer. I am encouraged by your faith as you trust God and I know there are days that trusting is all that you can do and even that is hard. Jeremiah 29:11