Tuesday, June 19, 2007

When I wrote last time, I stopped at a computer lab between the surgical waiting room and the tenth floor to go wait for them to bring Ramona up to her room. I expected them to have her up by about 3:30. Finally at 4 o'clock I asked the nurses what was going on. They told me Ramona needed to have a CT Scan. This was all they told me right then. I found out the details slowly, but what happened over the next couple of hours scared us a lot. When Ramona woke up from surgery she had a severe headache and absolutely no movement in her right arm. This has potential to be a severe problem. The doctors quickly went to work to prove that Ramona did not have a blood clot in her spinal column from the epidural. Had there been a blood clot neurosurgeons would have had to do emergency surgery to remove the clot. (I'm not sure I want to ask what all the possibilities could have been)...anyway they did the CT Scan which was inconclusive so they needed to do an MRI. The doctors did not know whether or not they could do an MRI since they couldn't decide if the whole epidural system contained any metal. So Ramona had much time downstairs to be with the nurses. And Ramona had many good things to say about the nurses. By the time, I saw Ramona it was about 8:30. I was incredibly glad to see her, obviously. I am leaving out incredible amounts of information, but all I want to do is sleep right now. Ramona is by herself in the hospital, TGH is quite strict about visiting hours (although they did let us stay later since Ramona only got up half an hour before the end of visiting hours) Ramona talked about how much peace she had throughout the day. Pretty amazing for a day that had moments of wondering whether or not she would survive the complications of the surgery)

Later,
Earl

6 comments:

. said...

wow! oh God... I'm so glad you hold Ramona in your hand. And Earl. And all of us who are praying... i sit here crying, and praising you for sparing her life today. and begging you to bring her health. hold her in your arms tonight, Lord. Earl too. Oh Father, may they feel you and your love for them like never before...

TheButterfly2 said...

still praying

Anonymous said...

In the darkness of the trial, the Lord is there to hold you in His arms. . and absolutely NEVER will He withdraw from you or forget you..
Praying for you and praising God for His grace and peace to you yesterday..
Gloria.

Anonymous said...

Keep strong, we continue to keep you in our prayers.

Evan and Mel said...

we are keeping you guys in our prayers

Anonymous said...

also amongst the folks lifting you up to our Father -
Trudy & Abe
and boys