Tuesday, April 24, 2007

This is Randy's birthday cake, purchased from the local grocery store. Luckily for us we had a calling card handy to cut it and some cup lids to put it on to eat it without forks. It was definitely memorable. But seriously, it's Randy's 18th Birthday today, give him a hug next time you see him.














This is the picture of Mony I was trying to post earlier. Right after the surgery she still has oxygen in.














This is Mony today. The icecream cone later appeared everywhere as vomit. It's felt like a long day, she has often felt a bit nauseaus, and still hasn't slept since 6 this morning. At one point the pain was so intense Mony was shaking uncontrollably for about 5 minutes. Becki and I are spending the night in the hospital. Becki, Kev, and Randy fly home tomorrow. It feels like Mony's nursing care out here is a big prayer request.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ramona,
i'm praying that you will be able to have a totally restful sleep tonight!

Unknown said...

Stellar moves on that birthday cake... as a cook, I have to say I am PROUD!

...Thank you from the bottom of my heart for orchestrating the little visit tonight. If I looked a little lost, it was only because I didn't know what to do with all of the emotion I was feeling. I didn't know how to say it at the time, but Ramona and Earl you are an utter blessing and encouragement to me and to so many others...God is with you in the midst of this... I'm praying earnestly that you both find peace tonight and that the nurse care does improve. I'm fighting with you in prayer this week and beyond.. and I meant what I said - your brothers and sisters here are ready to help.

Have a sweet, peaceful night in His presence.
Erin

Anonymous said...

Earl and Ramona,
Thanks for being so honest and sharing on the blog. We will definitely pray about the nursing care and also the pain. May the Lord have his way in all of this. He will carry you through all of this. A big hi to your parents. We will keep praying!
Arnold and Lorrie

Anonymous said...

I miss you very much. I hope Ramona gets better very soon and doesn't have so much pain. Love, Mikaela