Sunday, April 29, 2007

Mony is gaining back those nutrients. If you see the bruises on her arm, i promise it was not me. The needles that prevent blood clots are painful and cause bruising.












Lori is one of the answers to prayer, as far as nurses are concerned. She is a Mennonite from Winnipeg who has also ironically worked up in 5B in the St. Boniface Hospital. (This is them waiting for the taxi to pick us up)



The last few days has been a very refreshing mix of nurses. Anything from the loud, funny night nurse to Lori, who is more quiet and caring.













The taxi took us to the Blue Jays game.













Mony looks quite hot wearing all my clothes. We're really looking forward to being home and (like Tara said) sitting around campfires and being 'normal'. Thank you for praying about the drainage from the hip wound. It is improving. (If you look very carefully in the picture you can see her 'blood purse' hanging by her left leg)
















After the game we bounced Ramona on a wheelchair from the Roger's Centre to the Hospital. It was good to get out.
Have a peaceful Sunday afternoon everyone,
Earl
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ramona,
I was thinking about you a lot yesterday as I was raking the leaves in my lawn and knew you would just love to be doing the same. I sent up many a prayer as I stopped to take my water breaks, etc. (Yes, it really did feel hot!) I have been praying about you physically (specifically, your hand) and emotionally.
On the day of your surgery, Reg & I sat in the park at the Forks and prayed specifically for you. It just seemed so fitting since I know how much you love spring/summer. While we were praying I just felt so close to our God with nature all around. Kind of like those Haiti devotional times on the roof. Ramona, keep hanging on to Him. He has once again proved Himself as Master Surgeon.
Love you so much and miss you!!!
Ang
P.s. See you in a few days and maybe we can enjoy tea time in the beautiful outdoors or how about another ice cream run...Pine Cone has great ice cream!!!

. said...

smiling with you. praying for you. loving you lots. dayna.

Anonymous said...

Hey Earl & Ramona, John & Carol,
Looks like you enjoyed the Blue Jays game! So glad that you could get out of the hospital for a bit Ramona - I can imagine you're impatient to get out!
James and I are out here in Morweena for a few weeks - looking forward to seeing you once you get back home. We'll keep praying for your arm and for continued healing and recovery.
Melissa and I were just sitting here reading your blog - know that you're missed and very much in our thoughts.
Love ya,
Mandy

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

(Blogger's being a bit of a nut..)

Earl, I giggled out loud when I saw that first picture - very flattering. I'm sure Ramona will get you back some day... ;) VERY glad, however, to see that your stomach is feeling well again, that was definitely in my prayers this week. Lori looks like a wonderful lady, and I just love how God shows us how small the world really is sometimes. So awesome you could connect with her (even if it was over hospital wards!). I hope that your last few days in Toronto continued to be blessed in such a way.

Really wonderful that you could all go out and enjoy an afternoon together, outside the hospital walls and in the beautiful sunshine. Praying that you're all transitioning into a beautiful spring season as well... Remember the sunshine on those chillier days.

Much love and thanks to God for you all. I'll be praying for you and remembering your faithful endurance as I embark on my own mission out East. Can't wait to hear you've made it home safely!

Erin

Anonymous said...

We follow you're blog closely and keep you in our prayers. We so admire your strength and are so happy Ramona is healing well and gaining strenth. Earl, your witty sense of humour must go a long way through all this turmoil....and Ramona, I keep thinking from your pics you look more beutiful than most of us do on our best days!