Sunday, April 22, 2007

So.....what exactly do I write 10 hours before my wife's biggest surgery ever...we're lying 'together' in her room....as you can see in the picture, she gets a nice adjustable bed with an air mattress, while I get a beautiful sponge in the corner...she is reading her Karen Kingsbury book...and I was going to listen to a Ravi Zacharias Podcast, but then I found out we had wireless internet, so I thought I'd blog here instead. Ramona is amazingly peaceful. She used to fear the surgery as almost a deathlike thing, but now, waiting here she is just relaxing.















This is the stain on the ceiling about Ramona's bed













This is the clock in front of her bed





Here is a picture of us....anyway, the nurse told us the Mony needs to be up to take a shower at 6 a.m....then i guess she waits until 7:30 when they take her to the O.R. after that....we wait...the little, helping, assistant surgeon doctor talked to us before and said the surgery may take up to 10 hours...so I guess everything is approximate until the surgeons get in. Thank you to everyone who is commited to praying tomorrow.



Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anna from Belize said...

Just want you guys to know that my heart is right there with you and that I will be in constant prayer for you tonight and tomorrow. May the Lord continue to fill you with much peace. He is and will be glorified.

Anonymous said...

Hey Earl & Ramona, your pictures are lovely, especially the stain one. :) It's good to hear from you - been thinking about you as I travel. My India team and I are in Edmonton now - waiting to fly to Toronto tomorrow. I'm still not too sure about what's all going on while we're there. I'll give you a call if nothing else. :) Praise God for the peace you are feeling. I pray it will continue. Lots of love, Crystelle

Anonymous said...

Praying hard!
Mandy & James

Anonymous said...

Praying for you!
Emily

Anonymous said...

I'm praying too.

Amber said...

I'll be praying too...for a good nights rest and continued peace that can only come from above. Thanks for keeping us informed, and for the pictures - you two are such a great looking couple ;) and even though I've met Ramona once it's still nice to put faces to each of your names. Take care, all the best tomorrow.

. said...

one quick little comment. (are mine ever?) i just want to say to all of you bloggers that i'm sorry if i ever come across sounding like i care more, pray more, or love more... that's not what i want to say. i think i sometimes get carried away and come across as arrogent. i felt that way about my last comment after re-reading it.

the truth is simply this- i love god. i love earl and ramona. my intention is to lift them up to Him, and hopefully to encourage them in the process. i am so completely grateful that He's blessed me w/ these phenomenal friends, and am praying hard for them!

i know and am glad that my passion and love comes through all the time, but oh for it to be accompanied by more humility...

oh God!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you all. May God give you peace a comfort during this time.

Evan and Mel

Brigitte said...

Dear Ramona and Earl, you are in my heart, I am with you, God bless you love brigitte & lilou

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys. May God be glorified