Thursday, October 23, 2008

Well...here goes. From my perspective Ramona was having a pretty decent day. Last night was filled with aches and pains, and she actually never feels perfect during the day either, but this evening we realized that Ramona has gone three days without morphine. That's pretty impressive. The withdrawal effects from morphine are similar enough to what chemo feels like, I guess.

A combination of prayer, good people dropping by, and an adjustment to the nausea medication have improved the struggle with anxiety in the last two days.

When I came back to hospital tonight around 8:30. I went to the lounge to find a big group of people hanging out and having fun in there. Apparently, I had hair on my head.....so I didn't fit in. We have a neat group of people on 5B right now, all dealing with similar diagnosis es and chemos.

-Earl

12 comments:

. said...

praise the Lord! seriously, He has done so much! I thank Him and ask Him for more. Pour out, Lord. Heal Ramona. Fill her and Earl with peace. Oh Lord! We praise you!

Anonymous said...

hey ramona
i'm firing off a one fingered comment here. wish katrina and i could come hang out but apparently that;s aiming a bit high. hope you;ll be home soon and we can come spend a day with you then. love you, and praying (at all hours of the day and night!!)
melissa

Michele said...

3 days with no morphine! Praise the Lord! That's amazing! Good for you, Ramona! Praying for you both!

Michele (Jobina's sister)

Anonymous said...

Your walk with the Lord is an inspiration to me. "Lord, help Earl & Ramona in their difficult times. Thank-you for the bright spots in their days. Thank-you that you are the Healer of healers! Give Ramona and & Earl a peaceful night without pain & anxiety and may their Spirits be refreshed in you. In the Name of Jesus.- Amen

Love, Aunt Annie, Texas

A Journey with Cancer said...

HI Ramona and Earl II, Praise the Lord oh my soul, that you have been feeling just a little bit better. Earl and I had such a nice visit with you last week...you my dear friends are an inspiration and I love you both.

Alvina said...

Hey Ramona,
Hope you have a really happy birthday tomorrow. Can't wait to spend the evening with your family and you guys. Love Alvina

Anonymous said...

Dear Ramona
Wishing you a very happy birthday!
Praying for you often-
Love,
Auntie Emily

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Ramona! Hope you have an awesome day.

Jealene Friesen

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TJ said...

Ramona, I have been thinking about you A LOT to day. I hope that you have a special day with family and friends.
We love you
Tara and gang

Anonymous said...

Ramona,
Praise God for another year! Happy Birthday!
love laura

Anonymous said...

Hey my dear friend,
Happy Birthday!!! Hope you got the message...try calling again tomorrow.
Continuing to pray for God's touch of healing. Thought about you lots today! Love ya!! Ang