Saturday, November 01, 2008

25 Years

First of all, thank you to all of you who wished me a happy birthday. I truly can say that in spite of everything, I had a good day.
Yes, I got out of the hospital early Sunday morning. I've felt pretty good all week. Of course I'm super tired and weak, but I think I'm doing a lot better than last round.
All week I was hoping and praying and wishing that I would feel good this weekend. I really wanted to have a special birthday but I knew that Friday would be the beginning of my 'bad weekend'. (About a week after I come home, my white blood count always drops and I usually develop a fever. This has often resulted in me spending some quality time in emergency.)
I know there were a ton of people praying that this weekend would be different. I'm so excited because I am not writing this blog from the hospital but rather from at home! Yesterday I felt super weak and tired all day. I could tell my body was really fighting. I tried to rest a lot and drink lots of water. Usually the fever spikes in the evening. I decided that I was not going to check my temperature unless I felt really bad. As the evening progressed, I knew I had a fever but I felt okay so I just kept enjoying the evening with my family and Earl's family. Once everyone was going home, I checked my temp. It read 38.3. Not a good sign but I decided to wait it out to see if it would go down, or if I'd start to feel bad. (I'm kind of used to these things, so I know how to read my body) Just before my brother left, he prayed for me and a few minutes later I felt my body cool down. I really believe that the accumulation of many of you praying kept me from entering the hospital. I haven't checked my temp since last night-I can tell I don't have a fever. I've been exhausted today as my body is still fighting but I am so super grateful that I am doing as well as I am. Thank you everyone of you who prayed that I would have a special birthday.

Ramona

....so I get the task of proofreading this and I find nothing here about Ramona's food choice for her birthday...I'm curious if any of you guys could guess what kind of 'normal' food she would choose after having gone almost a year with extremely limited amounts of red meat, dairy, white flour and white sugar....

Earl

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Ramona! We'll be praying that the fever stays down all week.

Was it teen burgers? if I were to reunite with meat and white flour after that long that would be my choice. LOL! Whatever it was I hope it was gooood!

. said...

i would have chosen lasagna! but i'm guessing your choice wasn't quite so typical!

have a beautiful week, both fo you!

Michele said...

Happy belated birthday Ramona! If I was picking food, it would be perogies...but that's the mennonite in me!

Sooo glad you're doing so well. We're still praying here in Alberta!

Love to both of you!
Michele (Jobina's sister)

Chad said...

happy birthday! im guessing a rare 16 ounce steak with ribs and donuts, chocolate milk to wash it down. oh wait thats what id eat. im guessing your food wasnt typical too so i dont even know what to guess.

also i was praying that i wouldnt run into you this weekend, as my mom was in st. B from thursday to sunday (5a) with congestive heart failure(shes doing good now, at home anyways) not that i dont totally want to run into but i didnt want you to be in the hospital for your birthday, and didnt want you to be in the hospital in general.
praying for you

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Ramona! I'm glad you didn't need to be in the hospital for your birthday.
Gloria Dueck

Cathy said...

Not sure about the meal...but I would've have a few bowls of ice cream for dessert :) Or an ice cream cake... the meal would've been something very Mennonite.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday! Just wanted to share with you that our daughter Laryssa Jewel was born on your birthday. She was born at 12:54 am. I had been hoping for a birth date other than the 31st, but after realizing that was your birthday I thought that it was kind of appropriate as you have been such an inspiration to me throughtout the nausea in this pregnancy. God bless - Myrna Huber