Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Monday night I went into the hospital dreading like crazy my 2nd round of chemo. I stayed the night and the plan was to put a port in Tuesday morning. (A port is a device that is surgically inserted just underneath the skin. It is placed near the heart. It serves the same purpose as a PICC.) Well, plans changed all day. Winnipeg doesn't have the kind of port I need-it needs to be shipped from Toronto. For awhile we thought we'd just put in a temporary PICC, but that didn't work because my veins are too "traumatized" from the the previous PICCs. So I was sent home Tuesday afternoon. The last I heard is that the port takes two days to get here from Toronto and so I'm expecting to go back in on Friday. I'll have my little surgery and then chemo will start immediately after.
Of course it's frustrating when things don't quite work out, but truthfully, every single day that I don't have to have chemo, is another day that God can miraculously heal me. I believe that God can and has been using the chemo to heal, but I absolutely hate going through it. As I told Earl, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. Ever since my first round of chemo, I have not had one day that I have felt good all day. I still am weak, I still feel sick a lot of the time. I have to admit that I'm fighting discouragement, I'm fighting anxiety. The battle is so intense. It's hard to stay positive when circumstances aren't positive. I feel like I'm battling this cloud of anxiety that says that I can't escape feeling sick. Yes, I know God is still the same God-I know He hasn't changed. I know He is protecting me and 'covering me with His feathers' (Psalm 91) No matter what you know, Satan is still trying to discourage. And so I ask for an extra dose of prayer in the spiritual battle realm. May Satan and his discouraging thoughts flee and may I continue to trust Jesus. May I rest knowing that He only wants what is best for me and He's got me completely taken care of.
-Ramona

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Understandable to feel discouraged...we continue to pray.

Christa Massey

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and praying that our God of comfort will grant you His peace which surpasses our human understanding

Anonymous said...

Praying that God will carry this burden for you. Loving you guys.

Roshonna

Anonymous said...

Praying for you today too - thanks for sharing. May God grant an extra measure of peace to you as you face chemo once again.

Brigitte said...

I wish we could all take a little part of your pain... I understand you to feel discouraged but don't give up, your faith is so big that you will face again this round of chemio, all my prayers and my love Brigitte

Anonymous said...

We wish for you physical healing that will eliminate the need of chemo...but we also pray for spiritual healing and renewal..the spiritual battle is intense and when your body is fighting sickness, the spiritual battle can become even greater..so we pray a hedge of protection around you and Earl..and courage to turn your eyes on Jesus Who is Hope!!
Gloria and Robert.

Anonymous said...

May the Lord lift your clouds and show you blue skies and sunshine. May He wrap his arms around you and comfort you...nursing you to health in more ways than just the physical. God bless you girl! We are praying for you!

Michele (Jobina's sister)

Anonymous said...

we are praying for you that the Lord might give you that added measure of courage to keep going. He will not give up on you
Lorrie

Anonymous said...

hi. praying for you continusly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i spelled that wrong....:(
but still praying!!!!!<3

Marilyn said...

Dear Romona
It's o.k to feel the way you do.God is not going to be angry with you,infact,He totally understands you.Just focus on what He went through in the garden of gasemena.He didn't want to drink that cup,an angel had to come down and strengthen Him.So He will do like wise to you."The eternal God is thy refuge,and underneath are the everlasting arms:and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee:and shall say,Destroy them".deut.33:27
Praying for you
Marilyn

Dianna said...

Dear sweet Ramona covering you in prayer tonight especially. Also Earle. God uses you both thru friends, strangers, etc that they too might come to know Him possibly thru your life. We don't know for sure, but He knows. He does have a purpose for all this. Most of all He does have a plan and you are in it!!

Anonymous said...

As I read your post, I thought of us being at Melissa's together and cuddling Katrina.
I pray you will sense God wrapping you in his blanket (like we wrap our babies) and cuddling you in his love.
Rosanna

Roxanna said...

What an inspiration you are! God uses so many different trials for so many different people to build His kingdom. I remember a few years ago when my husband played in the 24 hour hockey game for you...that memory is a reminder to me to continue to pray for you. May God use you in a mighty, unfathomable way! Psalm 18 is a favorite as of late, as it breaks down the characteristics of God. With a God like that on our side, we can't help but win!!! Be encouraged! I pray you are blessed today as you bless those around you.
Roxanna Martens