Monday, May 04, 2009

We went to Kendra's funeral on Friday. It's always tough for me when someone passes away, but it's especially hard when it's someone who's battling the same thing I am.

Kendra was diagnosed with E-wing's Sarcoma about a year ago. We spent numerous hours together in the hospital receiving some of the same kinds of chemo. Kendra had a bubbly, happy spirit. She loved to talk!
Kendra and I were both going to beat this and one day we'd have a big reunion with all our other sarcoma buddies and introduce our families and very importantly, our babies.

The last time I saw Kendra was the day she was told that she was palliative. I told her not to believe it, just because the doctors think you're palliative, doesn't mean you're going to die. We both serve a God who's way bigger and does incredible miracles. Even though Kendra had just heard such horrible news minutes earlier, when she visited me she was her usual happy self. She kept saying, "God's got a plan. Either He's going to heal me on earth or He's going to heal me in heaven."

Well, she's in heaven now and a part of me is so jealous. Not one drop of chemo is ever going to touch her again. Right now she has no pain and is running around, having an amazing time.
Kendra, I guess our big reunion is going to happen in heaven someday where we can show off our new bodies and praise Jesus together.
It's going to be lonely in the hospital without you-I miss you
Much love,
Ramona
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Brigitte said...

so sorry Ramona, I understand how difficult and painfull this is.
Love
Brigitte

Melissa said...

Oh Ramona...
More power, as you continue fighting! LOVE you!!

Jacob & Jealene said...

I'm sorry to hear about Kendra and the pain of losing her encouraging presence. But, Ramona, hold on to your faith and keep believing that you will beat this. God's plans are different for every person, and it's obvious He's got a special plan for you. So keep fighting, and we will pray for strength for you and Earl as you do so.
Love,
Jacob & Jealene

Kenton Doerksen said...

Ramona,
Sorry to hear about the loss of a great friend.

I've been following your blog for a few months and the faith that you and Earl have and show astounds, humbles and yet encourages me. I'm sure that not every peak or every valley gets shared here, but know that you have had a huge impact on both myself and my high school Sunday School class (I've been sharing excerpts and prayer requests with them). God has given you a powerful message to share, and it is great to see you use those opportunities.

Kenton
(PS, it's been a while since BCBC, hey?)

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss and will continue to keep you in my prayers. Love you both!

Roshonna

Anonymous said...

So sorry too....wishing you God's comfort and peace. You two are such a powerful testimony of living faith....or should a say faith in a living, powerful God. Thanks for your openess and honesty. Through out your whole journey I think that's one of the greatest ways you have blest me, and I'm sure many others have been blest too. There are so many things we don't understand, and yet in spite of that you keep holding on to God. Wow! I know that God must look on you two with such pride and admiration! I'm going to pray for you that you'll be able to keep hanging on to Him....especially when things don't make any sense. Take care!
Vi