Thursday, February 05, 2009

So what should I say? It feels like so much has happened in the last while that I don't know where to start.

Thursday night I was really cold and had chills; Friday morning I had a super bad headache and in the evening I also was really cold with chills; Saturday morning I had a fever of 38.8 and by 3:00ish we were in emergency. I knew that with the open wound on my leg and with the way I was feeling I had to get things checked out. We were out of there within a few hours, but now having to go to a clinic daily for IV antibiotics. So, since then we've been traveling to get my antibiotics done. On Monday the doctor at the IV clinic told me to go through emergency to get an ultrasound done. This was to make sure that there wasn't an abcess and that the lump was dying tumor instead. So after 3 medical appointments on Monday, we went to emerg around 8 in the evening. They couldn't do an ultrasound then, but I hung around in emerg until 1 in the morning and had a CT done of my lungs to make sure there was no blood clot. Tuesday at 9 I was back at St. B for my ultrasound. Since then I've had all kinds of appointments. All in all-I have an infection on my right leg that I am on antibiotics for. Everything else is "okay".

On Sunday, Earl & I were at Beyond like usual and someone came up to me and made a comment that suggested just a little bit of doubt for my healing on earth. I tried to immediately push it out of my mind but Satan kept trying to make me doubt. So I prayed about it and asked God to confirm my healing by having someone come up to me and somehow in their comments say that I would be healed. I thanked Him that He would do it and left it at that. At the end of the service we were getting ready to go and literally less than a minute before we were going to leave our seats, a friend came and chatted with me and almost immediately stated that I would be healed! Thank you Jesus! I don't think she has a clue how much her chat with me meant!

This is what I read in my devotions yesterday. It's an excerpt by Bill Johnson from the book, "When Heaven Invades Earth".
"...I must passionately desire life-changing encounters with God, over and over again. I must cry out day and night for them..and be specific. I must be willing to travel to get what I need. If God is moving somewhere else more than where I live, I must go! If He is using someone more than He is using me, I must humbly go to them and ask them to pray for me with the laying on of hands.
Some may ask, "Why can't God touch me where I am?" He can. But He usually moves in ways that emphasize our need for others, rather than adding to our independence. Wise men have always been willing to travel."

.....and this is where Ramona quit writing, leaving me to explain the significance of what she read.

For the last few months it feels like we've been learning at break-neck speed just a little bit of who God is and what He's doing and His healing power etc...etc.. We were also introduced to the ministry of Bill Johnson and some of the things going on in Redding, California. I wrote an email to someone out there saying that when the time is right, we'll come.
....and, now the tickets are booked for this weekend. We fly to Redding tomorrow morning.
It was a neat affirmation to Ramona to read that section from her book. Sometimes it feels like you need to fight for peace.
We're in the middle of an incredible battle and we appreciate your prayers a lot, especially this weekend.
I really can't sum up the thoughts as we are about to go to a place where the people actually seem to live their purpose "out of intimacy with God, to destroy the works of the devil" There seems to be incredible sensitivity to the Holy Spirit there. We continue to trust God for healing and are expecting amazing things.
I think I'll just leave it at that for now.
Sleep well,
Earl

8 comments:

Mark said...

It continually astounds me how good God is even in the middle of humanly doubt and distress... we will be praying for you this weekend. That by your obedience and your willingness to let God "have the controls," you will be blessed. And abundantly at that. Praying for healing!
Much Love,
Raelynn (and Mark)

. said...

yes! i stand with you! i believe God will heal you! in fact, for Him it is already finished! may you be incredibly blessed this weekend. love you guys!

Anonymous said...

hey hey!!!! my prayers will definately be with you this weekend. actually i was in Bill Johnson's church in Redding when I was in california a year & a half ago. It was incredible to hear of all the amazing things God's doing in that church. i am also looking forward to hearing about all the healing God's doing in your body as well. this last few days i've been staying with a missionary couple here in Thailand and from their stories i have just been reminded of how powerful God is. anyways, i will definately be praying for you this weekend.
karlene

Stan said...

Hey Earl and Ramona,

we were in redding last weekend; it was good. my wife and i are totally with you on the healing and with you going to redding. God bless,
Stan&Emily Dueck

Brigitte said...

with you
love
Brigitte and Lilou

A Journey with Cancer said...

Praise the Lord...for what he is about to do! May this weekend be more than a blessing to you for allowing God to work in ways we can't understand. In the bible study by Henry Blackaby "Experiencing God" I learnt that God is always at work around us and that we must listen for him to speak and then act! I await his healing power for you Ramona. And for your willingness and obedience in following God's voice may you be blessed.
We have a date for Earl's surgery...Feb 24 and in the mean time to distract him we are heading down to see Detroit play in Minnesota on the 21st.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hey Earl & Ramona,

We loved having you here at our house. We hope you were as blessed as we were, and more! We'll keep on praying for you! And we're believing for more, always more! Love, Crystal.

Anonymous said...

Praise God, Praise God, Praise God! You are blessed and highly favored! We continue to stand in agreement with you! Thank you Jesus for your incredible sacrifice that has made the way for us to be saved, healed, delivered, and completely whole, not lacking in any area! I am EXCITED about what God is doing! Love you so much!
Jackie Wiebe