Monday, February 23, 2009

Well... I was going to post last night but, at the time when I was going to write Ramona woke up....it's been a long time since I had seen her as nauseous as she was these last few days...
I was going post this morning too, but in the middle of talking to nurses and trying to get the meds Ramona needs and getting to school on time...it just didn't happen.
Ramona didn't have a good night at all. Stomach cramps kept her up quite a while . We appreciate all the prayers that are happening. Somehow the spiritual battles intensify when you're physically beaten up. Jesus' promises of healing are no less true right now than they were two weeks ago in Redding.

Although Ramona is not feeling good, she's feeling a little better this afternoon. She's actually starting to want to eat a bit.

Ramona was eating some angel soup this afternoon. Thanks for the soup Melissa. Here is the story she emailed to me about the soup:

So I pulled up to my garage last Thursday afternoon, after a grocery shopping spree with Katrina. A group of people were standing in the empty lot beside the garage. I felt a little bit uncomfortable with it, but figured I would just pull in and close the door, and all would be well. I proceded to do just that, but as I was driving in, a 30ish year old native guy from the group, sauntered up behind the car, and just stood there. I sat in the car, pretty sure it would be really rude to close the door in his face. So I waited a few seconds, hoping he'd leave, but finally I just got out of the car and went to talk to him. He held out a bag of groceries that he wanted me to have, to which I replied, 'I think you need them more than I do, but thanks!'...to which he responded, 'NO, take them.' ....to which I replied, 'No, seriously, I just bought a TON of groceries. You keep them.' ... At that point, he practically shoved the bag into my hand, determined I would take them. So, there I stood with a bag of groceries (mostly canned goods), and my car FULL of groceries, and he walked away. I closed the door, and put the bag down, thinking that if there was a bomb waiting to go off, better in the garage than in the house, and 'moved' into my house, forgetting about the incident. I went out again later on, and when I got back home, I took the bag inside, and went on to other things yet again. When I finally went through the donation, slowly at first, I started catching on to a theme...beans, diced tomatoes, more beans, tomato soup, a second tin of diced tomatoes, more beans (a chili version), corn, and another tin of tomato soup...Absolutely tin for tin (plus several random ones, namely condensed consomme soup and a tin of chick peas, as well as a small box of pasta) the exact ingredients I needed for a chili soup I had thought of making for Earl & Ramona, the night before!!!!!! I just stood there, as it was beginning to soak in. There were several other neat things...The recipe my Mom had sent me just a few weeks earlier, called for a tin of tomato sauce, but my Mom's revised version said 'or tomato soup'. According to the recipe, I was short a tin of corn, but I had put in less last time I had made it. And then the beans, as well as the soups, were ALL random brands, none of them matching up, obviously not a bag of stuff this guy had gone out to buy just for me. And No, the stuff was not expired. I had to wonder, did I meet an angel??? A native angel...in my backyard?? Cause the groceries were definitely sent by God! Hope you guys enjoy the 'Angel Soup!' Needless to say, I won't ever make it again without being reminded of you, and of my great big, PERSONAL GOD!!!!!
melissa


Later,
Earl

10 comments:

Elayne said...

Now THAT is how God hangs around you two! I trust that soup has loads of the healing qualities you both need to nourish your bodies! Yes BOTH of you....because you must be equally exhausted by now!
May you feel the breath of God as a sign of His presence this week.
"Breathe on me breath of God, fill me with life anew".

Anonymous said...

You are both so strong and I'm so encouraged by your faith. I continue to pray that he will be incredibly present in your lives in little and big miracles.
I just want to share a passage that keeps coming to mind when I pray for you.
Psalm 62:5-8
"Rest in God alone, my soul,
for my hope comes from Him.
He alone in my rock
and my salvation,
my stronghold; I will not be shaken.
My salvation and glory
depend on God;
my strong rock, my refuge,
is in God.
Trust in Him at all times,
you people;
pour out your hearts before Him.
God is our refuge."
Brittany A.

A Journey with Cancer said...

WOW....God is so amazing. If that is not a story to let us know God is watching and loving us.
Ramona and Earl....we continue to pray for you daily and hope you know how much we care about you.
Earl heads in to HSC tomorrow for his lung surgery...so keep fighting and believing.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

"knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have it's perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in NOTHING."
James 1:3-4
We love you both and are praying for you physically and for your faith in these intense days.
Chris and Jake

Anonymous said...

Dear Earl Ramona and Melissa,
It is such an honor to be given the chance to speak the language of miracles and enjoy angel sightings!
Tim R.

Dayna said...

Wow! i love our Heavenly Papa! thanks earl, ramona, and melissa for sharing that with us!

praying,
dayna

Anonymous said...

The angel soup story was amazing! I totally believe that God is constantly at work in many people's lives to answer the needs and prayers for all His children. How much He loves you!! Last week, in my prayers for you, Earl & Ramona, I found it very meaningful to pray Psalm 20 over and over for you. It seemed every time I read it, there was more. I just want to encourage you to keep believing in the One who is skillfully painting your 'story'.
Verna

Anonymous said...

Wow I loved the Angel Soup story... that's amazing! God be with you today... and may the pain not exist anymore! ~Crystal~

Anonymous said...

God can speak and act through the most interesting of people! I just love how God works! I would have loved to talk to that man and find out what was going on in his head as he picked up those items and brought them to Melissa's house! It just goes to show that God's gifts can come from anywhere!

Get some rest you two! Still praying for both of you...

Anonymous said...

Earmarked in my Bible it says ..'while praying for Ramona & Earl on july 13/06 just b4 midnight'...Psalm 118:16-18 "The right hand of the LORD is exalted; The right hand of the LORD does valiantly, I shall not die, but live, And tell of the works of the LORD. The LORD has disciplined me severely, But He has not given me over to death."
Praise God!