Friday, January 23, 2009

Radiation is done!


I finished radiation on Wednesday and celebrated at Starbucks with Earl! I even cheated on my no sugar diet and had a brownie-it was super good!
Here are some pictures to give you a glimpse of what radiation is like. The first picture is my leg. I know it looks really gross and it is. It's super red from the 'burn' of radiation and it has become an open wound because of the burn. The wound drains a lot of fluid and so I have a dressing put on it every day. It's pretty painful.
The 2nd picture is not my leg but Earl's. However, the cast/form thing is what they put on my leg everyday. It was perfectly molded to my leg before I started radiation so that it would keep my leg in place. It was pretty painful when they put the mold on my leg as it would press on the wound. Because the swelling has gone down, it wasn't quite as painful anymore.
So now I'm waiting to get an appointment with Dr. Wong so that we can discuss future plans. Until then, I'm enjoying my break from treatments.
-Ramona
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness Ramona...that burn looks terribly painful! How do you stand it?! So glad to hear that radiation is over. Enjoy your break!

Anonymous said...

I am glad for you that radiation is over. Enjoy your break! Praying for you as you meet with the doctor and make new decisions.
Jeannie & Conrad

Anonymous said...

Wow Ramona, I don't know what to say. That looks painful, but, as I bin following your blog for the last few months I am amazed to see your hope againts hope as you have said. I have bin to alot of places and know alot of people, and only a fraction of them have as much faith in GOD as you do. It is very encouraging to meet people with so much faith.
I believe that will God heal you not just in heaven, but hear on earth as well and I really do believe. What he is waiting for I don't know, but GOD knows what is best and you have grasped with your faith in him.
It's good to treat yourself once in awhile. Enjoy your break. Soon I hope to visit you guys, all the best and praying for you guys. GOD bless.
Jacob unger.

Anonymous said...

Earl and Ramona, so glad to hear that you're getting a break from radiation. praying and thinking of you.
janessa