Wednesday, February 18, 2009

As I'm scanning back and seeing the last time we posted was eight days ago I realize I'd have to sit here forever to properly fill everyone in on what's been happening in the last two weeks. The experience in Redding continued to get better the days following our return. We absorbed so much in so few days that it's taking a while to soak in.
Ramona's been having more pain, as it seems that the tumors haven't yet realized they aren't welcomed in her body. It was almost...weird...last week as we spent a lot of time awake in the night praying...and look back on those pain filled nights as.......fun isn't the right word...maybe powerful is a better word.
Within...I would say the last 3-4 days-ish, Ramona's pain has significantly increased and mobility has decreased. The left leg tumor is as big as I have ever seen it. Lung tumors are now causing constant pain again.
Yesterday, I went to Cancer care and told them we needed to do some chemo. So, tonight we are heading back to St. B, to begin what is chemo round number 17.
This is obviously not a fun day. Ramona has told herself countless times that "this is my last round of chemo ever".
Many people are praying for us all the time and thank you. When I asked Ramona what to write she said to "beg people to pray more".
....I'm really searching for my encouraging thought of the day here...
Ramona has been without chemo now for two months. As we looked back on these two months, they are probably the most fun we've had since we've been married.
There are two things that have changed.
1. We go to Starbucks together atleast once a week.
2. We're starting to see that God likes to hang around with us too.
Thank you for your prayers,
Earl

8 comments:

Elayne said...

After reading that post my thoughts for you are all over the map but I was so glad to hear you say that God likes to hang around with you two. His presence is the one sure thing you can count on ALL THE TIME! You can trust Him completely even when it looks like nothing is going right because He is RIGHT THERE, hanging around you!!!
Blessings, and continued prayers!

Amber said...

i will commit myself to praying more for you both. thanks for sharing your hearts on this blog, it is so evident that God is working within you.

Anonymous said...

God delights in the two of you! He hangs on every word you speak and don't speak to Him! You are His children and His bride, whom He jealousy keeps for Himself. You are holy and blameless, set a part for only Him.

Yes! God likes to be with you two, He doesn't think..."oh, here come Ramona and Earl again..." Instead...

"We don't have a priest who is out of touch with our reality. He's been through weakness and testing, experienced it all - all but the sin. So lets walk right up to him and get what he is ready to give. Take the mercy, accept the help."
~Hebrews 4:16 (The Message)

Jacquie

Cathy said...

Thank you for your honesty, for your open hearts, for allowing God to change not only you, but all those around you. You have encouraged me and challenged me in my faith. Thank you.
Donovan and I are always praying for you. We love you.

Brigitte said...

I'm with you, I know it's not enought, I've sent you a little film of Lilou singing for you, You are in my prayers everyday, I'd like so much relieve you from Ramona's pain (not sure this is good in English what I'm writing) WE pray for you all !!!!!!! our love brigitte and Lilou

Bethany Pearce said...

Will pray for you both. So happy to hear you are enjoying each other's company so much. :)

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you,God bless you two love Len@Annie

Anonymous said...

ramona keep on fighting you will win this fight. The devil wants you to give up and wither away But JESUS snd the rest of us praying for you see a glory in your healing! Hold on to Jesus I have learned lately HE loves to hold me and HE will hold you too.