Thursday, January 15, 2009

X-ray results

Last week Friday I had an x-ray to see what was going on in my chest. I was pretty suspicious that the tumors in my chest were grower because I was having more pain. Finally yesterday we got some results. I don't quite know what to write because the results seem kind of unclear. The radiologists compared the x-ray to the x-ray done in October not December. The tumors in my lungs right now are significantly smaller than they were in October. That is definitely good, but we don't know how they compare to December. As much as that is frustrating that we can't access that information, it's good to know that they're not an emergent concern. So, I've decided to try to ignore the discomfort in my chest and just simply believe that the tumors throughout my body are shrinking. I really believe that if there was an emergent problem God would make it clear to us-we've done what we could.
I'm continuing to walk more and yesterday didn't use the wheelchair at all. It's so much fun to be able to do things, even small things like sweeping the floor, doing dishes, etc. Who would have thought a person would be grateful for things like that?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! glad to hear you're walking, and it's great to be able to picture you in your house now. must be so hard to decide what to think without knowing what's really growing or shrinking inside of you. How is your leg responding by now? many blessings and prayers to you from toronto....
joanna

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your walking! Still thinking about you....

Anonymous said...

the extraordinary is found in the ordinary!

Anonymous said...

Hi Earl and Ramona!
Just wanted to say that it was so great to see you guys at Siloam today! What an inspiration you are to me...it was just so awesome to be reminded of God's faithfulness as I saw you come through the kitchen door, and it's great to see your eagerness to serve Him no matter what your circumstance looks like! God is using both of you in HUGE ways and I want you to know that my family and I have been and will continue to be praying for you!
I hope to see you around again soon!
in Christ,
Hillary :)

Andy said...

Congrats on your walking! great man
x-ray fluorescencehasm