Tuesday, November 04, 2008

This is kind of fun, getting people to guess what kind of food I chose for my birthday!
None of you got it bang on, but the Mennonites were the closest! I had a pretty big list of things that I was debating about. Good old homemade cottage cheese perogies covered in white onion gravy was high on the list. This wouldn't have been complete without farmer sausage slathered in ketchup on the side. So good...maybe next year. :)
So the menu was as follows:
Lunch: Chili & Greasy White bread garlic toast
Dessert at Dairy Queen -Reese Twister (Only was able to finish a third of it)
Supper: (Don't laugh too hard-I know it sounds childish, but what can I say... way too normal)
Taco Salad with that amazing white sauce and New Bothwell cheese, Juicy sausage burgers with all the works including processed cheese, and Spinach salad with bacon
Dessert was this amazing Pistachio Poppyseed Dessert.
Thanks to both Moms who made such a delicious supper!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was very yummy! So glad we could join you guys! Lonita

Anonymous said...

Oh Ramona!! That sounds SO good, and I'm SO glad you let yourself get a bit 'carried away!' =)

Anonymous said...

mmmmm... cottage cheese perogies and cream onion gravy is one of my very favorite things!!! Makes me want to come visit Manitoba soon! The perogies just aren't as good here.

Glad you had an awesome day!
Michele (Jobina's sister)