Monday, March 10, 2008

The tickets are booked and my 16year old sister, Becki and I are flying to Mexico on March 30th. Earl will be staying home this time, making some money and so I asked my sister to be my companion. We'll be gone just under a week, flying home on April 5th. We're both really excited, I'm a little more apprehensive, realizing I'll be gone from Earl for such a long time. He's been with me this entire journey and I've grown really attached so I know that it is only healthy for me to be a bit more independent.
I had a CT scan this morning. My prayer is that it'll show that the cancer has disappeared completely. I only get the results sometime in April as my doctor is on holidays.
This last week I felt a lot more tired and fatigued than I did the previous week. I was on anti-inflammatories for my knee which caused some stomach discomfort. I stopped the anti-inflammatories and the stomach pain disappeared. I'm wondering if it also made me more tired?? Whatever the case, I'm hoping this week I'll have more energy.
Exciting news!!! I just officially decided that my hair is growing back. Last week the last scraggly eyebrow and eyelash hair fell out. I must admit I looked hilarious with no eyebrows or eyelashes. However, as soon as they fell out, new ones started coming. Now I have teeny, tiny, short eyelashes! My head hair...well, that's only a hairline. Half an hour ago when I looked in the mirror I could distinctly see my hairline so to me that's the first sign. It looks like it'll be dark again. Not sure if that's good or not-I'm thinking my 3rd hair could be something different-we'll see.
That's all for now
Ramona

2 comments:

. said...

hope the 2 of you can have some wonderful sister-time in mexico! and that you and earl manage (and even enjoy!) the time apart! thanks for checking in...
missing you,
dayna

Jobina said...

So good to hear from you again on here! That's a wonderful adventure for you and your sister, I hope you have a great time.