Saturday, March 01, 2008

Back Home

Yes, we are back at home! I know many of you have been wondering and telling us that we need to blog. Well here I finally am.
I am feeling significantly better than I have in months. I have so much more energy. It's exciting and fun to be able to work harder and do more things than I've been able to do in a long time. My limp slows me down a lot and is frustrating at times. It's hard to believe it's been almost a year since my hip surgery. Anyway... My knee is feeling a lot better. I went to a Sports Clinic on Thursday just to make sure that everything was okay. After chatting with the Doctor there and with Dr.Wong we came to the conclusion that I had banged my knee really hard and with time the fluid around the knee should disappear. The Doctor at the Sports Clinic scared me a bit as she was concerned that my swollen knee might be related to my cancer. I had an x-ray done yesterday and had Dr. Wong look at my knee and he wasn't at all concerned. His attitude was "I don't know why they sent you here." That was exactly what I wanted to hear.
Earl is back at work full-time and worked this morning as well. I'm having fun experimenting with my cooking. I'm making many recipes that I've never made before and usually Earl & I enjoy them.
We're still not sure when I'm going back to Mexico but we're expecting at the end of this month. We're waiting on Oasis of Hope to clarify. This time I'd only be there for a week.
Thanks for all your prayers and support and for helping to make the Oasis of Hope a reality.
Ramona

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you! Feeling much better & more energy... that's awesome! Sounds like Oasis and all your new recipes agree with you. Love Linda

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! I'm glad you're feeling well. I pray for you guys every day!
Tiphanie Wiebe

. said...

so glad to hear you're feeling so good! what a blessing!
i am really missing you, mony...
dayna
ps-thanks so much for your comment and prayers. it means a lot!

AJP said...

So great to hear from you! Wonderful that you're feeling so much better too!
We're still praying for you - hope your knee continues to get better...
Love,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Ramona and Earl! It is so good to hear that you have more energy than you've had for awhile. I continue to pray for both of you.
Gloria Dueck

Brigitte said...

good to hear from you ! all our love brigitte and lilou