Monday, March 31, 2008

Here in Mexico

Becki & I are so glad to have escaped the snow and instead are looking at palm trees!
This is the view of Earl & my driveway yesterday morning. We had a big storm that resulted in my parent's being out of power for 40 hours and us leaving for the airport hours earlier.

Flying went really well. Nothing too exciting. We got pretty tired from 3 flights and the time changes. We're 3 hours earlier here than at home.
Today has been a day of relaxing and showing Becki around. I met with my doctor this morning and he says that we'll continue with the same treatment as previous. I got the results from my CT scan that was done a few weeks ago. I'm only hearing the results officially from Dr. Wong on April 8th, but I found out earlier because my doctor in Mexico got the results. My tumor has shrunk from 8 mm to 6 mm. The scan showing 8 mm was done in December and I had 2 rounds of chemo & treatment here in Mexico since then. I'm happy it's shrinking but obviously wishing that it had disappeared completely. However, my doctor here is happy with the results and with the nutraceuticals that I'm taking at home we should keep getting good results!
Tomorrow my treatments begin.
-Ramona
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi girls,
I imagine it must have been a pretty exciting day, even though you are there for a very specific reason.
Ramona, I keep thinking of you "starving the cancer" with the right food, the right pills, and the right attitude!!!
Cancer is strong, but so are you! And so is God!
Be safe, and have fun!
Love Linda

. said...

thank-you Lord for the 2mm! We ask you to finish and shrink the remaining 6! bless ramona and becki in mexico... may they have a blast together as only sisters can, despite the treatments, etc. also, bless earl and everyone else back at home who also long to be there with them... grant them all peace and an extra dose of joy!
amen

Anonymous said...

Hey Ramona,

Great to hear from you again. Way to escape the snow. Looks rather foreign to me from here, too. :) Hope you have a very refreshing time in Mexico again, and I keep praying for total healing.

blessings,
Joanna

Anonymous said...

Ramona,
Keep fighting strong. It sure seems to be paying off for you. Our prayer is that the Lord will continue to use you for His service wherever you are.
Lorrie

Anonymous said...

Ramona, good for you in getting that glorious Mexican weather and palm trees! Do bask in it. :) We prayed for you in our Philosophy class this morning - people know who you are by now... Lots of love going out to you. I miss you girl! See you in about a month!