Saturday, March 15, 2008

Last winter while Ramona was recovering from radiation she began making her jean blanket. It was a nice project to work on in her spare time when she felt good enough to work. The project was set aside during the summer as well as during chemotherapy. This picture is taken during family sewing circle.
Here is Ramona with this week's finished product. If you look carefully you can see her emerging hairline. (which she is incredibly proud of....I try not to smile too much)

This was one of the first meals we made when we came back from Mexico. The thing on the right side of the plate is a double. (Chick peas...curry..etc...absolutely delicious). The yellow stuff in the front of the plate is hummus.

The best learning is done by trial and error. We made some unleavened pitas. That was probably the low point of new recipes. Even the unburnt ones....you weren't sure if you were eating the pita or if you had accidently put your plate in your mouth. Ramona puts an amazing amount of time into finding new recipes and making good food. She has quite a collection already. It is a huge treat to come home from work to try some new kind of organic food. This food thing is a lot more fun for me than it is for Ramona. Green salad gets boring...especially if you see other people eating food you want.
Ramona's energy seems to be back. At the end of last week we were concerned why she was feeling so rotten.
-earl
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jobina said...

Oh, Mark and I tried a Caribean Restaurant in the city once and experienced Doubles! They were fantastic! Glad to see you guys are trying some new things and hopefully taking it all in stride that somethings don't turn out like you wish they would (poor pita bread). Love the blanket and the hair! Take care!

Anonymous said...

I think your blog is awesome, the feelings, pictures, etc. that you share with everyone.
While reading the online edition of the Edmonton Sun, I came across a story about an 11 year old boy who was diagnosed with Leukemia on Easter Sunday 2007. Here is a link to his website: http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/viewHome.do. Once you read his story, I'm sure that you will be impressed with this little fighter as I am and I am impressed with the two of you. I feel his scrapbooking idea is totally awesome.
Keep up the good fight. You are in my heart, thoughts and prayers every day.

Anonymous said...

Ramona,you look beautiful!
-Kelly Ann

Unknown said...

I've been peeping into your blog for quite a while now so I should let you know that I'm enjoying it. That is a supercalefragelisticly beautiful picture of you.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, thanks for posting on the blog. I check it often. My team and I continue to pray for you regularly. My team wants to meet all of you when we come on tour in May. Hopefully I can see you sooner than that, I"m coming home on April 10 for a 10 day break, let's make sure we do something during that time eh? Can't wait to see you both again.

Curt