Sunday, February 03, 2008

Food

Food. For those of you who think it's impossible to live three days without any kind of beef. I've done it! Before we came, we heard that Oasis was going to have a quasi-vegetarian diet. I still haven't checked what quasi means but I'm pretty sure it means something like "Ha. No steak for you buddy" Anyway...to be totally honest with you I really love the food here. (I'll simply let Ramona tell you any of her opinions of the food herself.) You might not believe it, but one of the first things I'm noticing is that I don't have to eat as much. I'm used to eating my big plate of food, and then getting seconds and then finishing Ramona's food. It simply doesn't work that way here. It hurts my stomach to eat that much. This first picture is my food card. You can see that we've been here for 4 breakfasts and 3 lunches and dinners

This, I believe, may be a dish of some sort of green things. It is beside the potatoe salad. The edge of that plate may be the guacamole. They make absolutely delicious guacamole here with plenty of cilantro. Everyone else complains about the cilantro. Anyway, for breakfast there is is always toast and cereal that you somewhat have to mix and match on your own....plenty of every color of fresh fruit and if you want a certain type of fruit that isn't set out you simply ask the cooks to get it for you (or anything else for that matter)....they had a bean dish with tomato type sauce that that could go on the eggs or the beans I guess....I think I should just take more pictures...never mind this explaining (This green salad is probably beans, the other day we had cactus...it looks kind of like peas or beans too)

This is the eating area. This picture is taken from where the pulpit was set up this morning. I can't quite see if the juice is still on the table, but half way across the room on the left is the table of juices. Fresh squeezed juice: carrot, green juice(contains long list of ingredients), apple, papaya, pineapple, barley (personal favorite),strawberry, are some of the kinds they minght have. In the far right corner, someone is standing by the cappuchino machine. This you need to pay extra for. In fact, even to get a coffee you would need to extra go ask the cooks for one. Which they gladly give to you. It's not part of the diet out here.

These are the cooks cleaning up after the meal
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're getting quite a good variety of food down there! Just wanted to let you know that you are in our prayers. Earl and Ramona, you continue to be such an encouragement to us. May God shower down his blessings on you.
-Larry & Danelle

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a different enviroment for you guys to be in right now from what you're used to. Such a beautiful setting for such a place. Might be almost healing in it's self. We wish you guys all the best there. Thanks for the blogs and pictures. Keeps us praying for you all.
- Conrad & Jeannie

Anonymous said...

yes I am jealous... beautiful scenery, rooster fights, fresh fruit and veggie's... we should all eat more healthy... praying you will be renewed in soul, body and spirit...and come home on the road to great health.. keep up the great journalling and pics

Rose Pfeifer

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!
SO glad you're updating so often and well! It's exciting to hear that you really are being taken care of, and that so far, it's a positive thing...I have full confidence it will stay that way!
Love you,
Melissa & Corey