Monday, March 19, 2007

Joanna and I are sitting around waiting for Ramona to finish talking to her mom...so we can start watching a movie...anyway...we thought it would be important to post the pictures of the California Rolls (sushi) we made......anyway...Ramona is off the phone now...and she wants to tell you about her MRI experience....i'll pass the computer to her...my MRI wasn't fun. I haven't been feeling that great the last few days and I knew that my last armpit MRI was pretty rough so I was hoping to get sedated. (On the form I have to fill out every time they have that as an option.) When I told the receptionist that I wanted to be sedated she said that they didnt' do it and that if I wanted that, I'd need to bring my own drugs. I didn't have much choice but to tough it out. It was frustrating cause it took longer than any other MRI I've had. They injected me with contrast which was something I haven't had for an MRI before. The needle hurt and their empathy annoyed me. They were trying to be nice and comforting but I felt like they really had no idea how it felt. It was one of those moments where I wished I could work in a hospital again just cause I've experienced so much medical stuff. I feel like I have an idea what patients are going to. Well, the MRI is over and the rest of me is also feeling a lot better than I have the last few days.
Even though the MRI wasn't that fun and tears were streaming down my face, thank you for your prayers. Maybe it doesn't seem like they did much but while I was lying there I reminded myself that my mom, Earl and another friend were praying for me during that time. Thanks for praying and yeah tomorrow's the big day when we talk to the surgeon.
-Ramona
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

. said...

mony, too bad you couldn't be sedated!!! but i'm glad it's over! i'll be praying, praying, praying tomorrow!
i love you,
dayna

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mony for your honesty.
Tears rolled down my face as I read your blog this am. I'd be ticked as well. I am praying for you especially as you have your Dr appt. today. Looking forward to seeing you at home again. Hope the flight and all goes well!
love, Auntie Emily