Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Since we last wrote we have spent two mornings in the Arborg Hospital. And Ramona still has the same amount of blood as before. The first morning was a wee bit frustrating...Apparently Greyhound was supposed to drop off the blood in Arborg...instead they missed the drop off and the blood travelled safely back to Winnipeg...and so the blood went back to the blood bank got re-packed and sent to Arborg via another route and this time arrived safely in Arborg this morning...by this point in life Mony is feeling quite a bit better so a blood count was done again to see if Ramona really needed the transfusion...to make a long confusing time short and to the point Ramona doesn't need the transfusion anymore...so we left...and another thing...her white blood cell count is 17.3...wow...that really scared the doctor(until he found out that Ramona is taking Neupogen which is a drug that help the white blood cells)...so ya...we continue on with life...thank you so much for the encouragement...it helps us retain our focus...earl (and mony is laying right beside me here)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day to say " thank you God!"
Tim

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how God works in His own time? We always seem to expect answers right now, but God knows what He's doing and WHEN He should be doing it! Thank you God that we don't set the timing, everything would be messed up!

Take care, you two. Ramona, glad to hear that you're on something to "up" your white blood cell count. I was wondering about that.

Still praying...

Love, Michele (Jobina's sister)

Callmeteem said...

Count me as another person who has you in his prayers.
Lord touch Ramona by the power of your Holy Spirit.

Anonymous said...

Your in my prayers...

Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blogspot today and I had to write and tell you guys that you are amazing, and thank you for your support with my uncle it meant so much to me and my family that amidst everything that is happening with you guys that you took the time to care about us.

Know that you are constantly in my/my families prayers. I told my friend Julian about you guys and he says that he is praying also. Know that you guys are loved very much, by even thoughs in whome have never met you.

Love,
Pamela Doerksen

Anonymous said...

Hi to you dear people, Earl & Ramona!!
I have been reading your blog {which I used to call a bloB?!@!?} very faithfully and since I am so technologically impaired I have not successfully ever replied. Not for lack of trying though!!
I am so proud of both of you and your amazing faith and trust in GOD. You two are truely reflecting God's character to us as a church family, community and everyone around you.
This next Sunday our sunday school lesson is about trouble in this world. Isn't that so true, "in this world you will have trouble but take heart because I have overcome the world." - Jesus

And we totally believe that God can heal Ramona and our prayers ring loud and clear to Heaven, pleas for God to touch, to heal and just for His Spirit to breathe a sweet breath of healing and comfort over you two.

Love you guys so much!
Verna- Vee.W.

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!!

It's Donovan and Cathy. We just want to let you know that we love you like crazy. We honestly enjoy going to the hospital to see you guys because you're such an inspiration. Ramona, keep strong - you have encouraged so many people, only God knows the number of lives you have impacted and will impact. And Earl, your love and care for Ramona blows us away. You are truly an example of what it means to love with everything you have. Hey, Earl this is D. I never doubted your strength as a man of God, and when its tested with fire, it just seems to shine through even brighter. You are one amazing friend and I will continue to look to you for guidance and help. Earl, I love you man. God will always be with.

Basically, we love you both and are praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

THE PRAYER OF A RIGHTOUS PERSON AVAILS MUCH.......