Saturday, September 30, 2006

Honestly, I'm almost sitting here in hospital shaking as I write this....and don't be frightened...it has nothing to do with Ramona's health...she is sleeping right now...and we just finished having a rather pleasant afternoon chat outside with Corey and Melissa Plett...one thing Ramona mentioned after the chat was just realizing how huge the mental aspect of cancer is....physically Mony is feeling sick from chemo...but decent considering the circumstances...and as I'm rambling...the main thing Mony said I should mention while I'm blogging is to thank everyone for praying about her anxiety...God has blessed Mony with amazing...peace...this round...relative to last round.......i'm just trying to think how to word this...but I'm once again realizing how huge a factor a person's faith is in times of sickness...two of our friends here in the hospital have been on our minds quite a bit...down the hall from us there is a newly married couple....i didn't ask them if i could write about them on the blog...but they are intense Christians and their news seems more hopeless than ours...she was having seizures from the cancer in her brain...even without their names you can pray for them...they were a huge encouragement to us...and looking back on this week we are incredibly thankful for the friends and family we have...we are excessively blessed...i'm excited about playing hockey in Mitchell and frankly blown away by what Ray and everyone are doing...and i guess i rambled and I have no time to explain why i was frightened.....so i'll explain later...i'm just blown away...by how much exposure our random thoughts have
Keep going nuts,
Earl Petkau (only funny for those who read the sun)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Earl&Ramona,Thanks again for sharing with us.I would like to share a Bible verse with you, which
I hope will comfort you. Psalms 119
verse 105.Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,and a light unto my path.
You are amazing,just keep it up!
Has your Uncle Henry been there again? You are in our thoughts and
Prayers.We LOVE you!
Cornie&Tina Plett

Anonymous said...

Earl & Ramona,
It was sweet to see you guys the other night. You never cease to amaze me with your postive attitude and cheerful smiles. Keep it up! Thanks for the way you both impact my life. Lots of love going out, Crystelle
P.S. My prayers are with you...

Anonymous said...

Hi Earl and Ramona,

So sorry to hear about your friend with the brain tumor. We will of course keep her and her husband in our prayers. Nothing and no one is hopeless with God!

Glad to hear that the anxiety Ramona was experiencing has ceased to be so much of a concern this time around. Praise God for answered prayer! I know He will continue to answer the prayers of His children in this regard.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your story...I would love to know what got you so shook up! That's going to keep me up all night!

Well, I'd better try to get some sleep. The Run for the Cure is tomorrow and I'm running it.

Take care, have a great night!

Love, Michele (Jobina's sister)

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear this round is better!

Wish we could be there next weekend to help with the fundraiser. I'm sure it'll be lots of fun.

I can imagine it might be a bit overwhelming sometimes to think of all the people that care and are praying for you. But that's one of the beautiful things of being a "family." We are to "bear one another's burdens." Just glad that it's encouraging to you.

I noticed the word "amazing" used several times to describe you and your faith. I agree. Thanks so much for keeping your eyes on Jesus in the midst of the storm and for the inspiration you are to so many.

"May God bless you and keep you. May He make His face shine upon you and give you peace."

Love & prayers,
Jacob & Jealene

. said...

hey there earl and mony! tuesday feels like forever ago and i'm missing you! i'm so glad and amazed that you've had peace this round, ramona. at least relatively.

i hope you have a wonderul sunday together!

i love you,
dayna

Anonymous said...

Earl and Ramona,

You spoke of encouragement received by a newly married couple down the hall from you. I think it's only fair that you know they also recieved immense encouragement from the two of you as well!
It's amazing how the Lord works in our lives, giving us encouragement in ways we may never expect.
We've seen first hand how God can comfort us and give us eternal hope. We pray He will work this same comfort in your lives.

Your friends down the hall, :-)
James and Adrianna.

Anonymous said...

You are in all of our thoughts and prayers as my cousin is going through the same thing you are. I hope he has email you (Darius) is his name. He's going through the same treatment you are for the same damn thing. I know that love and faith will concur all. Our thoughts are with you always. Stay Strong.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

Glad to hear things are going better this round, especially with the anxiety. I love it when God shows His care even in the little things.

I was at a retreat this weekend and was reminded again that God himself is everything and his glory is what everything on earth and beyond the earth is all about. This is the song that really hit it home to me again:

"God is bigger than the air I breathe
The world we'll leave
And God will save the day
And all will say
My glorious!
My glorious!"

God himself is the fulfillment.

Love you guys,
Praying
Joanna

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone,
If you've tried to book your room at the Days Inn Steinbach, there may have been some confusion about the name under which the rooms were being held. Some of the employees will have recognized "Friends of Ramona Hockey Marathon". I found out this morning that their system could not have a name that long, so they put it under my name.
I've talked to them this morning and asked them to switch the name to "Ramona Reimer".
I apologize if you had problems with this.

(This will all make sense if you read the long blog Ray sent out last week about room rates for people coming for the hockey marathon.)

See you here this weekend!

Thanks for now!
Linda Giesbrecht

Anonymous said...

Hey Ramona...I just heard about what's happened. I'll definetly be praying for you fervently. God is good and His plan is bigger than we could ever imagine. It sounds like He has been your peace. I know that His plan will prevail-Keep smiling and remember all of those babies we held in Haiti :) It seems like yesterday-It sounds like your husband has been so supportive. God provided you an amazing husband to be by your side at this time. Love you and my prayers will be with you daily!

Larissa Anderso (Fried)