Saturday, October 10, 2009

Right near the top of the list of things we're thankful for are all the people going after Ramona's healing with us.

Yesterday afternoon at about 4:30 Ramona started coughing up some blood. This is obviously not a good thing. We spent a little time in emergency yesterday and have talked with a doctor this morning about some increased pain Ramona is having too.

It would seem that a tumor is causing pain along the chest wall. The bleeding...just happens. We're not sure exactly what brought that on.

Unless something gets drastically worse, we'll just try to manage the pain until Tuesday.

Those of you who are praying for us. Let me throw a little thought your way.

It is always a good time to focus on the goodness of God. On Sunday, I had the privilege of praying for a friend of mine who had hearing impairment ever since he was in an accident. We prayed for him and God instantly restored his hearing. That was fun.
We prayed over his ear for maybe twenty seconds and his hearing was restored.

We prayed over Ramona for a lot more than twenty seconds in this last twenty four hours. We didn't see any dramatic improvements.

It's important for me as well as the rest of you prayer warriors to bring to mind testimonies of stuff God is doing. sarcomas are illegal in the Kingdom. As Christians we have authority over sarcomas.

Happy Thankgiving,
Earl

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Praise God for that healing of your friends ear.How awsome that would of been for you to experence that.WOW WOW!!.. You are going through some tests,but you are getting an A plus plus.YES WE ARE coming against that cancer in JESUS name. It HAS to go.Keep pumping up that faith you guys.you are lifted up in prayer by MANY.Don't look at the situation..as you know.LOOK to JESUS.
Love you guys
Janet M

Brigitte said...

sorry for Ramona coughing up some blood..
as allways I'm with you
love and blessing
Brigitte

Anonymous said...

Excelling post Earl!! And I give thanks and glory to God that He has carried Ramona this far! He is good! And He is faithful! You know, I am with you both, praying and believing!
Love you guys!

Jill =)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Ramona is having pain and bleeding, will pray for both to stop.
That is awesome that your friend was healed! Maybe I'm imagining things, but it seems you threw an unanswered question out here. Why did God restore your friend's hearing after 20 seconds of prayer, when both of you and so many other people have begged for much, much longer for Ramona's healing at the foot of God's throne? I wish I had an answer that made sense to us puny humans, but I don't. What I DO know is that it is not for lack of faith on your part, so don't ever beat yourselves up in that department!! I see two beautiful people who have been blessed over and over again, yet like Abraham, say 'thank you' and then dare to go back again and again to ask for healing. I admire that faith in you, and I pray that God will answer your prayer, because I know that you will spend the rest of your lives praising Him and spreading the Good News of the One who loves you...
Happy Thanksgiving,
Love,
Ilse

Anonymous said...

I meant "unasked," not "unanswered!"
Ilse

Elayne said...

God is sovereign. He never makes mistakes. He sees past today into tomorrow and so much further yet. You can trust Him fully. May His peace permeate you both as you wait on Him.
Still praying,
Elayne Goertzen

Anonymous said...

Energy, courage, strengh ...

Anonymous said...

Just want to say that admire and am encouraged by your faith in GOD. I don't know what his plans are and why he is waiting so long to answer the prayers of so many people. I do know that he has everything under control and I will be praying for you guys. GOD bless.
your brother in Christ Jake.

Anonymous said...

Incredible! Praise God for the miraculous healing of your friend's hearing! It's a little nudge of remembrance that He is the almighty, sovereign God and that He has the power to heal you in an instant. Keep believing. He has the power. Just wait for the Lord, take heart, and wait for the Lord. :)

-Raelynn

Anonymous said...

Earl and Ramona,
Like many others I am with you in thoughts and prayers..
This thanksgiving I'm thankful for Ramona who is a brave warrior in her struggle with cancer...and for Earl who is another courageous warrior in his supportive caring and loving role as a husband.
May God bless you so much...He is here among us..
Gloria.

seemerun said...

Hi guys,

I'm here praying for you both and sending my love to where you are. I know God is good, and there's so much we don't understand, but He's holding us all in His hands. I've seen God heal almost instantly and also have seen times when it's taken a bit longer. But He hears when we call, and He answers...Standing with you and believing for God to deliver what He's promised for you!

Love Candace :-)

Anonymous said...

Psalm 103 Bless the Lord Oh my soul and all that is within me bless his Holy name. Bless the Lord Oh my soul and forget not all His benefits, who forgives all your iniquities, WHO HEALS ALL YOUR DISEASES,WHO REDEEMS YOUR LIFE FROM DESTRUCTION, WHO CROWNS YOU WITH LOVING KINDNESS AND TENDER MERCIES, WHO SATISFIES YOUR MOUTH WITH GOOD THINGS SO THAT YOUR YOUTH IS RENEWED LIKE THE EAGLE'S. Praise the Lord these are your promises.We stand with you on these promises. God will get all the glory when Ramona is healed. Love you two. Anne-Marie & Cheyl /Gimli Aglow lighthouse.