Friday, December 05, 2008

Well... I'm pretty sure Ramona is sleeping now. The last few days have been a pretty big battle to get her pain under control. On Wednesday (anniversary) , Ramona was just starting with the methadone, and it didn't really start providing much relief until, to my suprise, she felt "good" enough to head out to a restaurant for supper. I guess she was getting used to the new medication and so she fell asleep a few times at the restaurant, but it was incredibly special that it worked anyway. The leg tumor continues to affect the nerves in her leg, she just realized tonight that she can't really move her right foot much any more.
Yesterday, and parts of today had a lot of pain as they continued to adjust the pain medication. It seems to be fairly effective now...although Ramona is hallucinating sometimes.
Ramona is only taking one of the two scheduled chemo drugs. This is because we are hoping to have some radiation on that right leg (consultation appointment Dec. 9) ASAP. Adriamycin and chemo do not work together.
I can't do justice to any spiritual topic with the time left on this kiosk.............we know Jesus heals....The Bible has to be speaking the truth about the power of God...we have no Plan B...
- Earl

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray you be encouraged and lifted by the prayers of the saints...we're in it together with you, you are not alone, and we uphold each other when one struggles or is weak or in crisis....we will be strong for you, and intercede on your behalf...that's our job as your brothers and sisters...all love and prayers and support and more love...and faith in our miracle worker...you are truely not alone tonight!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello...I came across your blog searching Andi's name on the net, it's nice to be able to connect to two people who meant so much to her. She always looked forward to spending time with both of you and spoke of you both fondly.

I started to cry when you mentioned the Halloween decorations because we had so much fun putting them up together. I miss her so very much as I'm sure so many people do, she was so easy to love.
My thoughts and prayers are with both of you. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Bernadette (Andi's aunt)

. said...

so glad you got to have your ann. supper together! did you eat chicken chef chicken?!?! actually, are there even any cc's in wpg?

i'm onboard with plan a. i continue to pray and praise God for each thing he has already done!

Anonymous said...

Hi Earl,
Our Plan B's are usually a pathetic waste of time anyway, especially considering that even our Plan A's are usually cheap derivatives and misunderstandings of God's plans for us. "My ways are higher than your ways.... I know the plans I have for you, plans for a hope and a future.... I am able to do exceedingly abundantly above all you could ask or think or even imagine." Why mess with Plan B's when His Plan A's are so far beyond us? So don't worry too much about holding onto His plans, but never ever let go of His hands.
Love, prayers, and blessings.

Brigitte said...

3 years ago in 2 days I met my daughter, , 2 days after I met you, so In 4 days it's our anniversary !! all my love and support ; please go on trust God of behing able to help you, We love you
brigitte & Lilou

Anonymous said...

Peace on you guys -- I saw the note Trevor M had on facebook to lift you guys up in God.
God is faithful and strong and huge and loves you guys so much. Stay strong in the Power of His Might. Your faith is priceless to God. I know He's proud of your guys' trust in Him. He is able and willing to do exceedingly above and beyond all we ask or imagine. I'll be praying for you guys. Be strong and courageous.
Ps.119:49,50 , "Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope. My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life"

Anonymous said...

Praying for you...

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you and praying for you always.
karlene

Amber said...

praying for you right now & everytime God brings you to my mind.