Wednesday, July 09, 2008

We have the results! Ramona's scan shows that there is no major cancer activity and that her immune system is doing it's job! It was a little scary for me, because as I mentioned previously, the technician at Glendale MRI let me hang out in his office. This meant that I got to see some of the PET results as they were coming up. I saw what to me looked like an area of activity where there formerly was cancer. This scared me quite a bit, but I didn't know exactly what this meant. And the technician didn't either. Obviously a doctor needed to explain this to me/us. But, I didn't mention anything to keep us from both being worried. Anyway...I have a lot left to understand about the complexities of PET scans, but the important part is that Ramona is doing well. We'll spend the next day and a half here in Tijuana, getting medications....and since everything seems to be good. We'll spend some time on the beach.




This was our hotel last night.

Glendale MRI institute.

Tom Cruise's garbage cans. Like all gullible tourists we bought the five dollar, find-a-celebrity's-house map. Tom lives in a jungle...not that unlike Madonna. I guess if I was famous I'd plant lots of trees too.


We walked the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesomeness. love good news. you guys are so lucky to be lounging on the beaches. sorta like the 2x2 pool i get to lie beside here in kansas, only different. when are you back? looking forward to chilling again in a few weeks.

joanna

AJP said...

Wow - I was afraid to check your blog for fear of bad news - was so relieved to hear that things are looking good - so happy!! Praise God!
Hope you guys can enjoy the rest of your time there-
Love you,
Mandy

Brigitte said...

that's good to read ;-) such good news ! enjoy your time sea & sun love brigitte

. said...

wow! thank-you Lord! YES!!! how are you doing? what is next? maybe a germany trip? ok, enough questions! i am so excited and grateful for the good news!

ok, i guess i have one more question: you walked the Hollywood Walk of Fame, took pictures, and the only one you posted is brittney spears' star?

Anonymous said...

that is such great news! i'm glad to hear that everything is going well with the scans and Ramona's health. keep up with what you're doing, it must be working really well for you!

every good thought and wishes,
kitty

Amber said...

thank you JESUS for a good news! praising Him with you during this time. still praying. my 3 year old makes sure we add you in her bedtime prayer :)

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you're doing well. Still keeping up on your blog and thinking of you.

Jealene

Anonymous said...

hey earl and moni
really happy to hear a good result! also glad you can spend some time travelling and exploring together. you guys are constantly on our hearts. see you soon
love christy

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear things are positive!! Chatted with your mom last night. Enjoy the sun!! Continuing to pray for you and praising God for what He is doing. See you this weekend! Ang

A Journey with Cancer said...

What fantastic news, I am crying and Earl is praising as we read your Blog. Earl is still struggling with the pain and they continue to increase his pain medications. Today his took 80 steps. Praise the Lord for being so faithful to you.
Debbie and Earl