Wednesday, July 04, 2007

In the last week our lives have changed drastically. Last Monday, as Earl & I were sitting by the table and I was swallowing my herbs and eating a nectarine, I was reminded of Beaver Creek Bible Camp. I've volunteered there for 7 years and it's a well known fact that nectarines are served a lot. I asked Earl what he thought about BCBC and immediately he asked, "You mean being assistant directors?" Just that Sunday, Evan, the director of Beaver Creek mentioned the need for assistant directors. However, it never once crossed our minds that we could fill that role. When Earl mentioned assistant directors, we were both shocked. He hadn't been serious, but after the words popped out, we both realized that it would indeed be a possibility.
All day Monday, Earl & I had been amazed at how well I was feeling. We never, ever thought that a week after lung surgery we would be considering going to camp for 5 weeks. We both thought I'd be way too sick. Well God is a God of surprises and we definitely felt his direct leading that we head to camp. As soon as we realized the possibility, Earl & I were both filled with peace and a gut feeling that in a few days we would be at camp. There was no question in our hearts that God was leading us there.
So Earl & I arrived at Beaver Creek Bible Camp Sunday afternoon, knowing we should be there but not at all feeling prepared or adequate. The week has been going incredibly well. Earl & I have been so incredibly encouraged. Earl especially has had many opportunities to encourage campers and cousellers. I long to do many things, but my physical restrictions limit me. I have been involved in a lot of organizational things. God has also been drawing me closer to Him through some incredible staff members. I believe God wants us at camp, not just to encourage others but also to challenge us to draw closer to Him.
Today Earl & I are leaving for a wedding in Saskatoon. We'll be coming home on Sunday and heading back to camp. I have an appointment in Toronto with my lung surgeon & a CT scan to see what is going on in my left lung. This appointment is on the 17th of July. We will be at camp when we can but obviously work around my medical appointments.
Thanks so much for your continuing prayer.
A year ago today, the word 'cancer' was mentioned for the first time. My needlepoint biopsy was done, my first CT scan and my first IV. Hopefully this journey is almost over.
Ramona

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ramona & Earl,
We are so excited for you guys and we pray that this summer at camp will be amazing for you both. We praise God for all the miracles that have led you to where you are now, and we know that He is faithful and will continue to lead you both on more adventures!
Thank you for being so open and honest in your blog sharing your hopes and fears, you guys are such an example of how to trust God.

Anonymous said...

i am so happy for you guys our God is an awesome God I cannt believe its been a year since the word cancer I pray that God blesses you richly in all your ways and doings

Anonymous said...

Just look at the path God has taken you on in one year! Wow!! We are praying for your next appointment and hoping that all goes well. I can't believe you are at camp! That is truly amazing!

I believe God is guiding you and I am so glad to read that you are listening to Him. Keep trusting in Him, He knows what He's doing!

Love to you both
Michele (Jobina's sister)

Mark said...

It's very cool to see how God works things. May you be encouraged and encourage many others . . .also, enjoy camp!
-Mark

Dianna said...

Your life has truly been a powerful testimony. May you never grow tired of sharing!! God continue to uphold you!!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys!Good to hear nothing is stopping you from going ahead with your plans and everything. God does have His way of letting you know He's still working even when you are wondering what's next.Speaking of wondering...I was just wondering if you'll be needing the AIM apartment while you're in Toronto. Just so we know to get it ready if you do.Blessings,
Marion

Chantel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chantel said...

That's so awesome that you and Earl are out at Beaver Creek! My dear friends Chad Reimer and Jeremiah Buhler are there! If you see them, please say hi for me! It's also fantastic that you are feeling so well! God is definitely an awesome God who is full of surprises! I'm so glad that I've checked up on your blog to get an update, this encourages me and inspires me so much! Take care Ramona, blessings to you and Earl.