Saturday, October 21, 2006

Ramona and I are sitting here at the kiosk watching our time and money slip away...wondering what we should be writing...this round of chemo has been "much like last round"...meaning that the nausea effects sure aren't fun...but they are bearable...Ramona is telling me now that the biggest thing for her is her attitude (imagine that...Ramona having an attitude)...okay....apparently if i am going to write all this i have to explain it...so never mind...all this to say that being here isn't exactly fun...we have the name for the cancer (thanks to the Mayo Clinic)...unfortunately i can't remember it...in english it is officially now a muscle sarcoma...it doesn't change much...it shows that dr. wong's 'guess' at the beginning to decide which treatment to use was the right decision...we really appreciate the people who stopped by this week...it makes it alot more 'fun' to be here...this week has been a big reminder...if you think you have any hope in this world placed anywhere but God...you are sure to be disappointed...thanks so much for praying....and if you're thinking of visiting on Sunday afternoon...you'll have to come to the MTS Centre...we're going to go see big Franky and Casting Crowns...(Ramona has a three hour pass between her bags of Mesna)...
With love, Sincerely, Yours Truly,
Earl and Ramona

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Casting Crowns!! You lucky people! I was just saying the other day that I would love to see them in concert. Unfortunately, they never seem to come here. I hope you have a fantastic time! Sing a few songs for me!

Have a great night!

Love, Michele (Jobina's sister)

. said...

it sucks that hospitals aren't fun! it sucks that you both have to spend so much time in one! but it doesn't suck that you get to be at the festival on sunday! i'll be there as well so we'll have to figure out a way to bump into each otherk eh? i went last night. paul brandt was wonderful... and i'm taking my youth tonight and then off again right after church on sunday. tis crazy, all this driving...

anyway, hope today goes well... my heart is there w/ you in st. b. even if my body can't be

always,
dayna

Anonymous said...

WOW,I am so glad that you will be able to see Casting Crowns.I was hoping you could. My dad and I are taking Nicole,Noelle,Michelle,and Jon tomorrow too.Maybe we will see you there.There will probably be thousands of people there but you never know if we all might see each other.If you see me and I look "lost",I probably am.LOL.

Anonymous said...

My mission will now be to try and find you guys there!

Anonymous said...

I suppose adding my name would be helpful...an annonymous post saying I'll have to find you could be somewhat disconcerting... :)

Jay

Anonymous said...

hey guys.
my name is jeremy, and my wife's name is sheree plett, (cousin of about a hundred different people in morweena... and most likely related to you in some way or another). we sent you a couple cd's of ours when we were out your way this last summer. did you get them? we never heard word back about that. thanks for all your courage and encouragement. your lives are changing our lives.

Anonymous said...

So Earl, did you and Ramona enjoy the Franklin Graham Festival? I'm guessing I saw you on an elevator at St. B hospital afterwards, since I noticed my counselor badge was still on by the knowing smile on your face. My brain was "googling" where I recognized you from and late tonight I remembered this blog of a couple I'd prayed for who were wrestling with cancer.
In case you are interested, those of us who counselled, including my husband and I, saw amazing answers to prayer this weekend and MANY first time commitments made by adults!
And if it wasn't you in the St. B elevator then it must have been your twin...And I still hope the two of you enjoyed the festival.