Monday, September 28, 2009

Okay, so Ramona is chatting with her mom on the phone and I'm going to play a little game with you guys. The game is called: Are you smarter than a doctor? Using only this picture, you need to figure out what Ramona's hemoglobin is. A hint, this latest chemo is predicted to knock out the hemoglobin and have less of an effect on the white blood count than the previous chemo. For reference: 120=hemoglobin in the normal range, 100=hemoglobin is good enough to leave hospital or do chemo without a transfusion, <90= transfusion time. Two weeks ago her hemoglobin was 99.
With all this extra information....let's see how well you do. Um...I don't think I have any prizes. Sorry

Aside from my awe inspiring game, Ramona's 25th-ish round of chemo is starting tomorrow...we actually lost track...
We're pretty settled in here at Frank and Anne Marie's. We spend a bunch of time hanging out with them. Ramona has a Bible study going on. With Ramona feeling the way she does, I still spend more time at home focusing on food and our spirits, than I do at work . I'm actually not doing anything out of the U of M this semester either, just one course hosted at the Springs Church.

Thanks to all the people praying...

-Earl
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Pamela said...

115!

Ramona you look fabulous! love ya both!

Joanna said...

Good to hear from you again. That is a fantastic picture! Love you both. Blessings and prayers,
Joanna

Chad said...

112.

love to see the huge smile on your face ramona!

Anonymous said...

Okay what an adorable picture!!!! Love it!! Hemoglobin guess.... 87!!
And if I'm wrong well at least I know about tunneling! :P

Jill =)

Anonymous said...

My first thought at seeing this picture: Ramona looks gorgeous!

-Raelynn

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe your hemoglobin count could be any less than 120 when looking at that radiant smile, but here goes...I say 84...
Praying,
Ilse

Anonymous said...

Ramona!!! You look great!!God is doing a super natural healing.This is exciting!!Keep hanging on..
Now the answer is...I think your hemoglobin is...about 115.I've been there done that & you look grrreat!!!Thank you Jesus.As always still praying..
Love you guys
Janet M

Anonymous said...

Hey Earl,Now you have to let us know the answer to the hemoglobin
I forgot to add that in my note
God Bless
Janet

Chad said...

can i vote again cause if i can my vote is 111

Anonymous said...

thanks for keeping us posted. i check the blog a couple of times a week just to know how to keep praying. God bless. I love the smile on Ramona's face. so good to see!!
Lorrie

Jackie said...

you look so great Ramona!! i love that smile!

Jackie said...

ok i'll guess 110!

Crystal Dueck said...

I just love that picture! So beautiful and glowing!