Sunday, September 06, 2009

Chemo

Yeah so the way things look now, I will be starting out-patient chemo on Tuesday. What this means is that I go to CancerCare at St. B Tuesday afternoon and stay for 3 1/2 hours and then go home. Wednesday and Thursday are the same, I understand. I will be receiving cisplatin and etoposide. One of the major side effects is nausea. We're definitely praying against that.

For the first week and a half that Earl & I moved to Frank & Anne Marie's I felt superb! The last few days have been a little rougher. I've had more chest pain, more exhausted and more random pain, but still in general, I'm amazed how good I feel. God is so good!!

Earl & I have learned so many things in the last 2 weeks. We are spending a lot of time seeking after Jesus and His presence. We are receiving revelation in so many areas-it's super exciting and yet sometimes overwhelming! We are also learning about and experiencing inner healing. The more we learn, the more we hunger for!!

We feel so blessed to be living here. God truly is providing for us!

-Ramona

8 comments:

Pamela said...

I'm so excited to hear that you are in a constant state of hunger for God and His Word for you! We are declaring life and that more abundantly over you!

Unknown said...

defiance: to oppose or resist with boldness and assurance

I'm asking God today for a holy 'defiance' - the boldness and assurance (that comes from the Holy Spirit) to invade all of us as we continue to pray for complete healing and restoration for you in Jesus' Name.

Anonymous said...

There truly is nothing sweeter than experiencing the presence and healing of Jesus. Holding you up in prayer, Anna Friesen

Brigitte said...

It's good to hear that you feel good.
We are with you
brigitte and Lilou

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you both as you prepare to go for chemo again today. Praying against nausea and anxiety. Praying for complete healing. Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Don't focus on your situation but rather put your focus on other things. Serve other's and do as you would do if you were not in your situation. Don't let Satan take your focus off of the things God has for you to do here on earth.

Declaring a new energy to serve others no matter what!

Anonymous said...

Came across this verse and I thot of you......
Psalm 10:17 "You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,"
continuing to lift you up in prayer,
Vi

Anonymous said...

Earl& Ramona,
I just called a friend that has a prayer chain.They will be praying.We have a mom's prayer group at our daughters school.And MANY MANY others are praying.
In Matthew 8:17 it says He healed our diseases & made us well.Put your name in there Ramona.You are healed.What a testomony that will be.DON'T give up.You are an encouragement to me.Bless you both.
Janet M