Saturday, July 11, 2009

Three years ago today...I was sitting in a small room with Ramona listening to a doctor tell us that Ramona has cancer...um...I'm not sure what to say about that...as I'm doing a quick mental scan...it feels like a lot of things have happened in that time. For some of you reading this, it means you've been battling for Ramona's health in prayer for three years...and again...thank you.

Our last few days here have felt pretty crazy. The round of chemo ended yesterday at around 4 o'clock. We went home, and when we got here, Ramona went almost straight to her bed. I'm not sure why the pain only started when we got home...maybe it's our stairs...anyway, almost immediately, her left leg was causing excruciating pain. We have a lot of powerful pain medication at our house, but we couldn't get her pain under control. I've seen her in extreme pain many times, but I'm not sure it's been that bad before. Finally at 7 p.m. we headed to the emergency room to try and get her pain under control. I believe this is the first time where the reason we headed to emergency for tumor pain. Finally by 10:00 ish the pain was roughly under control. Ramona stayed the night in emergency with her parents and by 9 this morning was back home. The pain is largely under control now. Ramona slept a large portion of the day today although we did make it out to part of Ryan and Melissa's reception. It's likely that the combination of radiation and chemo in such a short time frame is causing this pain.
So, that's where it's at. I need to go give her a needle and eventually head to bed too.

Sleep well,
Earl

6 comments:

Amber said...

thanks so much for the update. ramona, you have been on my mind a lot these last few days and i've been wondering how you are doing. praying for you tonight...

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing your hearts online. I've been following your story since Dec 08. I'm one of many who believes in a God of wonders - the God who does above and beyond all we could dare ask, think or imagine! I just honour your journey and your decision to go for God with all you have. I pray the power of the blood of Jesus over you guys tonight and His angels to hedge in around you and minister to you in ways only He knows that you need. I pray His breath would breathe through your bodies giving you renewed strength, hope and encouragement. And of course, I'm asking God for a miracle of healing, in Jesus name.

Brigitte said...

it's terrible that pain !
Love & blessing
Brigitte et Lilou

Anonymous said...

It seems like such a long time ago, I've prayed with you from day one and I am still there with you.....sometimes I feel so frustrated as I cry out to him and ask him why....but I have no choice but to believe that above all else God is good. Love you guys, Anna

Dayna said...

i love you guys so much!
grace and peace,
dayna

Brigitte said...

for the 2 of you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMjw8G11gIY&feature=related
love
Brigitte