Sunday, December 09, 2007

Ramona is watching the Packers vs Raiders right now (aka. sleeping) (apparently she doesn't care much for the NFL) so I thought I'd keep everyone up to date with what is going on here. On Friday night Ramona was feeling pretty lousy and by the evening her temperature reached 38 degrees, meaning we headed in the direction of the St. Boniface emergency room. I promised Ramona that if her temperature was below 38 when we got to the hospital we wouldn't go in. A huge answer to prayer! Her temp showed at or near 38 until we got to the hospital. There her temperature showed 37.4 degrees.....so we went to McDonald's to kill a bit of time and check her temperature again to make sure this wasn't just a thermometer error. Sure enough, at McDonald's her temp. was 36 point ...something...degrees. So...we went to Kev and Jay's for the night. Although we're not in emerge, Ramona is still not feeling super good. Chemotherapy really destroys her digestive tract causing huge discomfort. It's hard for me not to get angry at the doctors or the pharmaceutical companies or find someone to blame for all the pain.
We spend alot of time thinking of how best to strengthen Ramona's body after the chemo is done. Please pray for the decision making process as well as Ramona's discomfort now.
(I reread this blog and it looks pretty vague...I'll try not to be as vague when you talk to me in person).
-Earl

8 comments:

AJP said...

We're definitely praying for you guys. Thanks for the update. Hope that you can get through the weekend without having to go into the hospital but I'm glad that you're close by just in case.
We'll be praying that Ramona's discomfort will be taken away.
Love you,
Mandy

Brigitte said...

still in my thoughts espacially today,it's our anniversary with lilou, we met exactly 2 years ago it was a Friday and I met you on Sunday, do you remember ? love brigitte

Anonymous said...

Hi how's it going today . I hope you are feeling better. just to let you now we are praying for you . I'm not to good with righting . helping Blaine with his school work has help me alot. May god bless you two.

Leslie said...

We've got good mutual friends, though you don't know us. We worked with Mandy and Alicia when they were in Grassy. I read your blog....know that when your arms are tired and weary others are holding up your arms and standing in the gap.
Love, Leslie and Marlin Herr

Anonymous said...

We pray, and will keep on praying for healing and strength to carry on.
Love,
gloria.

Anonymous said...

Hey we're praying for you. You are in our thoughts and prayers. How you remain so strong through this is an amazing encouragement. I only hope we can encourage you the way you have encouraged us. God loves you and He definately cares. I pray you feel him close to you as you go through this hard time.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys.
This is Curt writing you from the warm, humid Philippines. I know that you guys would enjoy this type of climate. I miss you a lot and my team and I continue to pray for you. God bless.

Curt

Anonymous said...

hey
nice seeing you today Ramona, even though it was only for 2 min. hope this round goes smoothly. i'm praying for you.
karlene