Monday, November 19, 2007

I am sitting here at Jay and Kev's house. As I was writing this first sentence here Dr. Gingerich called me from St. B to make sure that Ramona is doing fine. I am very impressed that the doctor himself calls me to make sure that everything is good. So...back to what is actually going on. Yesterday morning we thought that Ramona would be released from the hospital in the morning and then we would go on and try to live life 'normally'. When the doctor came in in the morning he told us that Ramona's Neutrophils were 0.1 and that she would have to be in the hospital longer. So...realizing that we would need to make the most of the day stuck in the hospital, I left to go buy a Tim Horton's chicken salad sandwich for Ramona. Forty minutes later, when I returned to St. B with a Beef Barley soaked chicken salad sandwich Ramona told me that she was released from the hospital.....on the condition that we stay in Winnipeg overnight. So...we got out of the hospital just in time to see the replay of Stegall's touchdown. That was a new deal to me. I guess that doctor didn't think it was safe to be 2 hours away from the hospital if Ramona's fever were to return. The way the roads are, I think he made a good call. Anyway, we watched football and movies and relaxed away the day yesterday. Although Ramona didn't feel energetic, her fever still hasn't return, which we are super thankful for. As we speak, I was planning to wait a few more minutes before waking Ramona up to go home. Now that the doctor called to check on her and order a blood test, I guess I'll wait until I have this blood test thing figured out so she can get a little more sleep. Ray, if you're reading this, I'll be at work.......um....later...(This is a plug for all the great people at Countryside Lumber, thanks for understanding)
Thanks everyone for caring and praying,
Earl

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Earl and Ramona,
our hearts are still with you! it sounds like you have a place to stay at already, but thought I would also let you know that you are most welcome to stay at our house. We are SO close to the hospitals and we have lots of space at our house. You and Ramona, could have your own private bedroom upstairs in our attic. Just thought I'd offer it to you, it's here if you want it and it's no problem if you don't.
Hang in there, Ramona and Earl.
love chuck and laura

Anonymous said...

My love and prayers are with you guys...Roshonna

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you to become healthy again,God is always in control and has a purpose for everything,though its often so hard to understand what His purpose is,God be with you always!