Thursday, October 18, 2007

What an encouraging bunch of comments you guys. Thanks so much. I'm not sure how to sum up three weeks of time here, but let me start with the news we heard this morning.

Ramona had her mugga and ct scans on Tuesday and we got the CT results today. This Morning Dr. Wong and Bonnie came into the room, flipped the lights on and smiling from ear to ear they asked if we were ready for the results...well to sum it all up the lung tumors have shrunk by 50% and there is no sign of tumor returning in the hip and auxilla. Dr. Wong gave Mony a big hug and one nurse told me she got goose bumps when she heard the news. I did the only thing I knew how to do and got a cheese cake from Double D's for breakfast to celebrate. This is the first really good news we've had in a while.

Also, the Mugga scan showed that Ramona's heart has remained stable which means we can keep on with the treatments. That is in fact all we really know right now. Ramona on Day 3 of the third round of chemo and we know another round of chemo is scheduled to begin on Nov. 5. After that we once again don't have much of a plan.

Speaking of plans, the doctors are once again making sure that our faith is on God and not in medicine. We had the Telehealth (webcam) appointment with Dr. Waddell in Toronto (although we were in Ashern of all places). This was merely a followup appointment to make sure there were no problems with the last lung surgery. We also asked about the RFA of the lungs. I really put put a bit of pressure on him to make sure he was doing everything he could do to have a long term plan for Ramona. I don't know how to describe his attitude except that it was obvious that in the long term this disease usually wins.

I talked with Dr. Wong about long term stuff as well. And I want to thank everyone who is praying. From his responses it seems that from the way he sees it, every day that Ramona has is already a gift, and because she keeps responding to everything, we'll just keep going and plan day by day almost.

Ramona has the good room again. Which we are incredibly thankful for

........For now,

Earl

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE the LORD!!!
what great news!
we are continuing to pray for you!
chuck and laura

Jobina said...

Thank God for such a positive Doctor like doctor Wong and your wonderful nurses! I love the sound of a long term plan, it reminds us not to bury ourselves in todays troubles but to hope for what is to come. It was good to see you both up and about at Evan and Renita's wedding. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you, but I'm glad Mark did. You are very much in our prayers!

AJP said...

So good to hear from you guys again! I've really been wondering how you were doing.
That sounds like really good news and I all I can think is "praise God!" It's been such a long and hard journey for you and you still don't know the outcome - yet I see God's hand leading you through this. We'll be praying that you will continue to trust Him and find your strength in Him for every good and bad day.
Love you guys,
Mandy

mark and raelynn said...

I was so excited this morning when Mark texted me with your news:) Ramona, I can't comprehend how hard it must be to keep your hope in Christ, but today was just another example of how God is working in and through you(literally).Not only has he given you this blessing for your own comfort, but to renew your hope in Christ as well as the hope and faith of others.
Praise God for his endless love.

You guys are loved!
Raelynn

Anonymous said...

hey guys, WOW thats amazing!!! I am so glad. I haven't been able to get a hold of you. But I always check the blog out. But I still care and think about you lots. Love you to pieces!!
Kerri

Anonymous said...

Hey guys.
Thanks so much for the update. Been praying for you and wondering where things were at. So glad to hear the good news, but at the same time the medical reality is sobering. Once again your faith and hope inspires me.
Still with you in thoughts and prayers. Joanna.

. said...

Danke Herr! Gott, du bist wunderbar!

und danke Earl und Ramona for sharing the good news! Wow!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys got some encouraging news!! Wow, I can not imagine getting a hug from Dr Wong. That's really cool! I think about you guys a lot, and we pray for you daily. God is in control!
Tiphanie Wiebe

Brigitte said...

ouf ! good news at least, I was wondering what was going on ? just to let you know that you are with lilou and I every day in our thoughts and I'm really impressed by your faith, please go on, don't give up ! blessing and love from lilou and I

Anonymous said...

Yeh, God! What encouraging news! Keep celebrating! Although you don't know what the future holds, or what the final outcome will be; praise brings healing for troubled minds. And God is so glorified when we celebrate the great things He does!
I glorify God with you, and continue to pray for a complete recovery.
Love ya,
Gloria.

Anonymous said...

It was so good to spend the evening with you yesterday. I came home refreshed! Thanks for having us!
Melissa

The Duecks said...

We keep checking your blog. Good news is always great to share. I know you have a lot of people reading your blog and so I ask everyone that reads this to also pray for Renee. She has a severe cold.

Cathy said...

Just a little note to let you guys know that we're praying for you out here in Mexico. We love you and it's so good to hear good news.

We'll keep praying for both the short and long term. See you when we get back,
Donovan and Cathy

Anonymous said...

Hey guys... we were so pumped to hear the great news too.. (our computer wouldn't let us respond but now I'm at Mandy's so I'll take my chance...)
WE love you and are cheering for you (and for God's great work that he's doing in your body!)

Anonymous said...

God is definitely using your cancer walk to speak to many people. May this great news again encourage you to keep fighting. God has a special plan for you through all of this.
Lorrie

Anonymous said...

that is fantastic news! ramona, keep being strong! you're such a wonderful person, and your triumph is an inspiration to me everyday that miracles will come when you've got faith. earl, you're doing an awesome job taking care of ramona. you are truly her rock. i wish you guys all the best! my good thoughts are with you!

- kitty

Brigitte said...

waiting for news from you, I'am leaving Paris tomorrow away from internet, I'll be praying for you in my contryside house in the south west of France, hope you are ok all my love and blessing brigitte

Chad said...

I've been thinking of you guys alot lately, Ive been meaning to post comments alot more, but i never seem to have the right words to say. I'm praying that you will be encouraged, not by the word of man alone, but by the death and resurrection of Christ that keeps you alive in Him.
Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer.
Earl- your personal savior question has been on my heart.
chad

Anonymous said...

Hey guys. It's good to hear the news. My team and I have been praying for you daily, and I miss you and love you lots. We'll keep praying and I can't wait to see you both again.

Curt