Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The flights are booked and we're coming home!!!!!
The lung surgeon came and spoke with Earl & I sometime after 6:00 this evening. He says that he's willing to do my lung surgery. It'll probably take 3-4 weeks until he's got an opening. That should give me some time to keep on recuperating after this surgery. Although the doctors are optimistic, they do acknowledge the fact that there's quite a big chance that the tumors will come back. Therefore, Dr. Waddell, the lung surgeon, is going to try to do the surgery in such a way that future surgeries, if necessary, will be possible. As of the last CT, I have 3 nodules on my right lung. It sounds like they will trust the CT and just operate on the right lung as opposed to both of them.
Right now Earl is at the AIM apartment packing up our stuff. Our flight leaves here at 12:55 tomorrow afternoon. We arrive in Winnipeg at 2:28.
Today I experienced quite a bit more pain than usual. Yesterday was quite an intense day for me physically. I walked a lot more than I had until that point. I also took a bit of a tumble yesterday so my knee is feeling sore due to that. Therefore today I lay around quite a bit and am resting up for a lot of movement tomorrow.
Thanks for your prayers
Definitely looking forward to coming home tomorrow
Ramona

8 comments:

. said...

yay for flying home! boo for being in more pain today!

hope tomorrow isn't filled w/ as much pain, espeically as you are travelling!

can't wait to see you and "help" you recup!

Thank you God for all you've done and continue to do. You are so good. Please work out the lung surgeon's schedule so Ramona's surgery will be exactly when it should be! Help her recup in the next few weeks so her body will be ready for her enxt surgery. Please ease Mony's pain right now and especially during travel tomorrow. Bless Earl for his phenomenal commitment to her. They are such examples to me. I see you when I look at them...
Amen

Anonymous said...

I was very eager to find an Internet cafe and read your blog... so happy to hear you are coming home. Thanks for all the pics and updates and such. You're in my prayers. Take it easy!

Crystelle

Chad said...

too bad your flight isnt a little later cause im dropping my brother off at the airport a little bit later than you are there.
im praying that you aren't in too much pain today as you will be moving around alot

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Ramona and Earl! I will pray for you to have physical strength on this busy day. It's nice to hear you will be returning home to your family and friend support system. I can't go through a whole day with out thinking about you Ramona. You are such an amazing lady in Christ! God Bless you guys! Enjoy the beautiful stages of spring that brings new growth and new beginnings!

Sophia

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you beat me home. See you next week.

Joanna

Erin said...

Wow, home! You guys must be so excited. I hope your flight is short and uncomplicated. I've been thinking of you and praying for you here in Halifax... Thank you both so much for your willingness to share and be examples to us all. Your perseverance has been inspiring to me. God rewards faithfulness.. I'll be praying that he eases your pain, Ramona!

Have a good time in Toronto while you're still there!

Much love and God Bless,
Erin

Anonymous said...

Welcome home guys! I hope you are doing well! Sorry to hear your pain is intense. Also sorry you took a tumble the other day. I have done that too and I'm not sure what hurts more, the pride or the injury sustained in the fall. Keep us posted. We continue to pray! Love ya both!
Auntie Lori Petkau.

Pamela said...

Rest now in His arms. He is holding you close, loving you, healing you.

I love you Ramona and Earl. My prayers are with you.

pamela