Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Toronto Again

We're back in Toronto. It was a fairly uneventful day of travelling. The flight slightly behind schedule. We used our subway tokens from last trip. We walked a little way to get to the Princess Margaret Hospital Lodge. It is cold. I think it's a bad sign that I want to go back to Winnipeg for the nice weather. Anyway, we've been curious for a while what the PMH Lodge would be like. The picture I posted the other day was correct. That is the Lodge. So you know what the outside looks like. We had to buzz the front door to let us in. We walked to the security desk since there was no one at the reception desk. The security guard made us wait for the nurses. The nurse came and asked Mony many medical questions and showed us around the place. It feels very much like a personal care home here. We had to sign out of here to go have Gyros on the harbourfront with Joanna. So we have our two single beds in our little room here. Which is probably better anyway, since the nurse will be checking up on us. I realize how grateful I am that Mony is feeling well enough that after traveling and everything we can be out in the city until 11:30. We're a little tempted to mock the hospital feel of our 'hotel', but incredibly thankful that Mony doesn't need daily nurse care now. Speaking of which, a concern we have is that Mony is feeling more out of breath in the last few days. It needn't be anything, but alarm bells start ringing in our heads and it's something we definitely want the doctors to check out tomorrow. Ramona and I spent alot of time dreaming in the last little while of how we can serve God. These surgeries/radiation and being out of breath are constant reminders to live each day to the fullest.
Quite sincerely,
Earl and Ramona

6 comments:

. said...

glad to hear you made it there and hope the ct and everyhting else goes well tomorrow. i tried calling this morning to wish you a good flight, etc. butb there was no answer so i guess you'd already left. so consider this the phone call saying:

"hi, this is dayna calling. i sure hope that toronto treats you well! i'm praying for you and i love you. bye!"

Amber said...

I'm glad you are all safe & sound & settling into your 'hotel' in TO. We are continuing to pray for you over at our house. The other night while I was praying with my 2 year old daughter before bed she noticed I was getting to the end of my prayer and she said "Mona - feel better" to remind me to pray for you.

Keep living each day to the fullest you guys...thanks for the challenge!

Brigitte said...

hi from Paris Lilou and I have a thought every day for you
all our love
God bless you
brigitte et lilou

Chad said...

i hope your trip goes well, dont think Toronto is as cold as Winnipeg is today.
praying that the being out of breath is nothing bad
chad

Anonymous said...

Earl & Ramona
I pray, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
I believe our Father in Heaven keeps prompting me(and others) to pray for you.
We love you!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! Brrrrrr, is it COLD!! Well, I hope you are warmer than I am right now! Was thinking of you both today and wanted to say hi. Ramona, when we saw you the other weekend at your mom and dad's, you blew me away! You are sooo beautiful, inside and out! Earl, you can be beautiful too, if you like. LOL! I just wanted to say I love you both so much and I hope God's peace will be with you during this time of uncertainty.We continue to pray, and lift you up to the Lord.
Love Aunt Lori, Uncle Ray and Boys.