Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hockey & Camping

Last Thursday Earl & I went to a fundraiser hockey game at the MTS centre that was raising money for cancer. The fundraiser was started by a young man who was battling synovial sarcoma. He passed away in 2006 and since then the fundraiser has been growing annually. A bunch of big names were playing so during the 2nd intermission, Earl Cook (who is in the picture with me) and I got to go into the dressing room. Here we saw Jordin Tootoo, Nigel Dawes, Jonathan Toews, Darren Helm, Travis Zajac, Ian White, Derek Meech, etc. The reason we had this special privilege is cause we're also battling sarcomas just like Todd, the founder. Earl, (as in husband) also got to come in. (Let's be honest, he cared about it a lot more than I did. :) ) I also was in an interview that should be put on the internet in about a week or two. I've never heard of anyone else in Manitoba with synovial sarcoma, so I guess that's why I was interviewed.

On Saturday, Earl & I went camping with my family. Rain and thunderstorms were in the forecast but we did some intense praying and God answered with beautiful sunshine!!





My bros are working hard, making toast. (Yes, I know my brothers are hot and yes, they both have girlfriends!!)

We played some hardcore lawn croquet in some seriously long grass. With just a little cheating, Earl & I came in 2nd!



Yesterday Earl & I went to visit our friend Jason & his wife, Aaron. Jason is in the hospital battling sarcoma. He has not been given much more time to live. Jason & Aaron have two beautiful children, Madison and Cole. We spent some time chatting and praying with Jason & Aaron. We asked them if they would be okay if we would mention them on our blog. Although Jason doesn't speak much anymore, he lit up and was open to all the prayer he could receive. They are asking for as much prayer as possible and so we are asking you, as our blogger family, to join us in praying for a miracle for Jason. I know that naturally many of us don't believe that he will be healed-it seems too impossible. However, the exciting thing is that nothing is impossible for God, he delights in doing the impossible-that is His specialty. He only asks that we have a mustard seed amount of faith. I know that my faith seems so small, however I am praying that Jesus heal His body in a miraculous way and that He would touch not only His body but also every inside part of him. May Jesus and His incredible love be made evident to Jason & Aaron. May they experience supernatural peace.

Thanks so much for all your prayers-we know that something happens in the spiritual realm that wouldn't have happened had we not prayed. Therefore we know that every prayer makes a difference-thank you!!

As for myself, this week I am finally feeling a lot better. Last week was pretty rough with stomach pain and no energy. I am still randomly throwing up and having a lot more pain in my right leg due to an infection, but overall I am feeling good this week. Earl & I hung out at the Forks tonight and enjoyed the beautiful weather. We love relaxing outside whenever possible and are loving this hot weather.

Thanks again for your prayers, support and encouragement. Have a great evening
Ramona
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

AJP said...

Awesome to hear from you again! Glad you had fun with your family. Will be praying for Jason and his family - for healing and for peace.
I hope to come see you soon Ramona.
Glad to hear that this week you're feeling better.
Love,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

Definitely praying for your friends!!! God is so able to put His SUPER into our NATURAL!! You guys are such a blessing to so many!

What a terrific post!!! Love ya lots and lots!!

Jill =)

Brigitte said...

Good to read you again.
take care of you, Lilou and I are flying to Morocco today. We are back the 25.
love
Brigitte and lilou

Anonymous said...

How good to hear from you! I'm sorry last week was rough, am glad this week is better, and am praying it stays that way.
Good looks certainly seem to run in the family, love the pic of you!
Always praying for you, and always praying that God will still hear me even if my faith seems like it is only half as big as a mustard seed...like you said, God is in the impossibility business...and he wants good things for his children...
Ilse

Joanna said...

hey, great to hear from you guys again. Looks like you have really been able to make the most of the summer. Many blessings and hope to talk to you soon!
Joanna

Anonymous said...

Hi! I commented on the blog some time ago about the possibility of God wanting to heal and God doing it in His way and His time. As I think about it I realize that this comment could have come across as hurtful, judgemental, and discouraging. I am sorry, because that's the last thing I want to do! Maybe it would help if I explained what I meant by that.

From my own experience/walk with God I've come to believe that God hears and answers every prayer I pray, whether the answer is yes, no, or wait awhile.
In a similar way, as a parent I also answer my kids when they ask for something.
Kids don't always understand a parents' reasoning, nor do we always understand God's.

Isaiah 55:9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

So the way I see it....it's not IF I trust God, He will have a good plan for my life, rather it is....God HAS a good plan...can I trust HIS plan?

I hope that is helpful....be blessed and encouraged!

Earl & Ramona Reimer said...

Dear anonymous person,

Thanks so much for clarifying. We truly appreciate a heart set on encouraging.

We ran into a pretty neat message regarding healing/sickness/death.

http://www.ibethel.tv/watch/137:3:4

Earl & Ramona

Anonymous said...

Hi guys. I sent you a message on Facebook, but I don't know how often you check it so I figured I'd leave it here too. I shared your story with a friend of mine quite a while back and she contacted me to say that you've been on her mind a lot and she felt God wanted her to pass Psalm 91 along to you. So check it out!
Tiphanie Wiebe

Anonymous said...

We never heard about the big hockey fundraiser...would have been just up our alley! :) Hope it went well and the names you mentioned, most of them have played with James in the WHL. It was good to see you at the Rainy Reimer weekend. Guess God thought rain was just what we needed that day! Take care and our thoughts are with you this week.
Marlene